Lecturer - Management
Lecturer - Management
About Eastern Washington University:
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to our primary campus in Cheney, we also offer programs in Spokane’s innovative University-District, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
The Department of Management at Eastern Washington University's College of Business is currently inviting applications to fill one Lecturer rank faculty position to start Fall 2021 in support of the degrees offered in Human Resources and General Management.
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive institution where excellent teaching must be supplemented with an appropriate research program and activities that demonstrate currency in the field of teaching.
EWU is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students and academic program offerings to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
About the College of Business
The College of Business is located in the Catalyst Building in Spokane's downtown University District, and maintains an administrative presence in EWU's primary campus in Cheney, Washington. Faculty offices may be located on either Eastern's Spokane campus or on the Cheney campus, but all faculty are expected to teach at both locations.
The business program is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB-International).
- PhD degree in human resources management, or a related field from an AACSB accredited institution (or equivalent accreditation).
- At least 1 year of verified experience teaching undergraduate HR or related classes at accredited 4-year higher education institution(s) in a face-to-face environment.
- Ability to teach both principles and upper level human resources courses (compensations, current issues in HR, etc.). Your knowledge and ability to teach these courses will be assessed on a number of factors, including, but not limited to:
- Courses taught previously as an instructor of record
- Recent work history that corresponds to these subject matters
- Demonstrated ability to apply a culturally responsive and flexible approach that is supportive to the diverse needs, including universal accessibility, of our students, faculty, staff, and the public.
- Publications in field of human resources, management, or related fields (SA designation under AACSB standards), or recent PhD.
- Experience teaching using the Canvas instructional platform
- Experience with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Demonstrated ability to teach courses in other areas of management such as general management, international business, or entrepreneurship.
Other Skills and Abilities:
% of Time: 100
Responsibility / Duty:
- Teaching: typical workload for this position will include up to 45 credits, subject to department needs.
- Teaching includes the following additional responsibilities as defined in the faculty CBA:
- Meet all scheduled classes
- Plan, organize and inform students of course content, texts, readings, assignments, attendance expectations and methods of evaluation including grading scales
- Schedule and attend office hours
- Turn in grades according to established deadlines
- Additionally, all faculty are expected to engage in effective teaching and assessment of student learning.
Essential Function Indicator: Yes
Conditions of Employment:
Multiple work locations (main office located in the Catalyst Building in Spokane’s downtown University District or at EWU Cheney Campus with access to shared office space available at the non-primary work location).
The required start date for this position is 09/16/2021. To be considered eligible for appointment into the position, applicants must be available and able to start in the position no later than 09/16/2021.
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. The offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check prior to beginning employment.
Note: Interviews will be conducted via Zoom (camera must be enabled). While we anticipate being open for in-person instruction for academic year 2021-22, should Washington State or university pandemic restrictions disallow for in-person instruction, then courses will be taught via online platforms, including Zoom and other technologies. Candidates must be able to demonstrate competence using these technologies.
Salary Information: The expected salary for this position is $68,101.
Posting Date: 03/31/2021
Open Until Further Notice: No
Screening to Begin: 05/01/2021
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Submit your application materials through our online applications portal provided below. If you are unable to submit through the applicant portal, please contact Human Resources Services at (509) 359-2381.
To apply, visit https://jobs.hr.ewu.edu/postings/6611
EWU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, age, marital status, families with children, protected veteran or military status, HIV or hepatitis C, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability, as provided for and to the extent required by state and federal laws.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency