Social Media Specialist
Social Media Specialist
Job ID: 225304
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Responsible for creating, planning, and implementing an engaging and interactive social media content strategy that enhances the University's reputation. Engages in daily activity on the University's social media channels to advance the school brand, promote events/programs, recruit students, increase community connection to the school, and guide users to the school's website. Ensures communications are aligned with the school's brand messaging and policies.
1. Creates and follows an editorial calendar and schedule aligning with University's academic calendar to assist with content planning and execution
2. Generates, edits, publishes and shares content (original text, images, video or HTML) that encourages community engagement with the University
3. Assists Social Media Manager with moderating user-generated content (posts, tweets, comments, etc.)
4. Monitors conversations and responds to user-generated comments and questions posted on University accounts
5. Optimizes pages within each platform to increase visibility of University's social content
6. Collaborates with University departments and units to manage reputation, identify key players, coordinate University event coverage, and content sharing/re-purposing through work performed
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field
Two (2) years of social media and/or content creation portfolio experience
Experience in video storytelling from concept and shooting to editing
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=225304&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency