Head Coach,Women's Basketball
Head Coach,Women's Basketball
Job ID: 225403
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Plans and directs the activities of athletic team; directs conditioning of student athletes to achieve maximum athletic performance; assess players' skills and assigns team positions; evaluates own and opposition team capabilities to determine game strategy; coaches or directs coaches to instruct players in techniques of game; directs recruitment and retention of student athletes. Has an extensive knowledge of the sport and knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
1. Plans and directs the activities of athletic team
2. Responsible for the direction and development of a nationally competitive athletic program at Kennesaw State University
3. Performs a variety of functions including, but not limited to, the following: recruitment, coaching, budget management, purchasing equipment and uniforms, scheduling of games and practices, public relations and fundraising
4. Responsible for the academic achievement, retention and graduation of each student-athlete on the roster
5. Assumes a leadership role in department-wide priorities and initiatives
6. Supervises a coaching staff consisting of assistant coaches and graduate assistant(s), as allowed by the NCAA and KSU budget
7. Organizes, supervises, coordinates, and employs sound coaching techniques and practices
8. Participates in university and Department of Athletics events as required.
9. Has a thorough knowledge of and commitment to compliance with all NCAA, Atlantic Sun Conference, State of Georgia and university policies, rules and regulations
10. Prepares student-athletes physically, mentally, and emotionally to compete for Conference Championships and post-season competition.
11. Creates an atmosphere favorable to the ethical, academic and athletic development of student-athletes.
Bachelor's from an accredited institution of higher education or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
Other Required Qualifications
Current, valid, and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
Four (4) years collegiate and/or professional coaching experience with previous experience in a supervisory role
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
Yes, this position will be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 50% - 74% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education + DMV + Drug Screening
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=225403&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency