Registrar Office Coordinator
Job location: Pasadena, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-14
The Registrar Office Coordinator will provide information to students through a “One Stop Shop” model of information distribution and service. The incumbent will create a culture of information gathering and dissemination to students to alleviate unnecessary barriers and increase student retention by understanding college policies, procedures, and services. The successful candidate will be an articulate, detailed, organized, results focused, dynamic, and an enthusiastic employee and team player.
This is a non-exempt, non-traditional role requiring non-traditional hours of Monday- Friday from 10:00 am – 7:00 pm and nights and weekends as necessary, including at least one Saturday per month.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist the Registrar’s Office in all administration functions and processes and provides overall project administration support to the Office of the Registrar.
- Reporting to the Associate Registrar, the Registrar Office Coordinator directs students, faculty, staff and visitors to the appropriate staff or faculty and/or provides information, documents or forms in order to streamline student services.
- Responds to student inquiries in person, by phone, or via e-mail and redirects inquiries to appropriate staff or faculty member
- Collaborates with campus departments to provide administrative support for Student Services events and projects (commencement, orientation, workshops, meetings, etc.) as needed
- Utilizes student affairs best practices to develop and implement website, apps, social media, and other materials to best disseminate information to students.
- Handles confidential information with tact, discretion and in compliance with FERPA regulations.
- Reviews incoming emails and responds appropriately and/or forwards the information. Documents all communication in Campus Vue data system.
- Prepares reports, agendas, presentations and other documentation utilizing MS office products, and other software programs
- Provides an exemplary level of service in a professional manner by providing a hospitable and welcoming environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of integrated database systems.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; proficiency with MS Office and various web browsers.
- Exceptional communication skills.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of or ability to understand and interpret Pacific Oaks College policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and professional relationships with students, staff, administration, faculty, adjunct faculty, professional consultants and representatives from all levels of management while maintaining integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Consultative approach to answering questions, addressing concerns, and completing projects.
- Ability to de-escalate individuals who are frustrated, angry, and/or dissatisfied.
- Sensitivity and commitment to issues of diversity, inclusion & Social Justice.
- Present self in a well-groomed, articulate, and professional manner.
- Knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Knowledge of higher education policies and procedures.
- Understanding of and experience with non-traditional student populations.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Knowledge of Campus Vue preferred.
- Associates degree in business or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Two years of clerical experience in a related position, experience working with the public, experience in a college, university or nonprofit organization
- Four years of clerical experience in a customer centered environment
- Number of exempt employees this position supervises: 0
- Number of non-exempt employees this position supervises: 0
- Minimal to moderate.
- Item: N/A
- $ Per Year: 0
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL BUSINESS CONTACTS:
- Peers, co-workers
- Communication, disseminating information
- Communication, disseminating information
- Computer/keyboard; telephone w/headset; calculator; copier/scanner; stapler.
- Percent of time driving/travel is required: 0%
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Indoor/office; temperature about 70 degrees.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (based on a typical week):
C = Constant(over 66% of time)
F =Frequent(34%-66% of time)
O = Occasional(1%-33% of time)
- Lifting/carrying under 10 lbs. – O
- Pushing/pulling under 10 lbs. – O
- Reaching outward – O
- Sitting – C
- Standing – O
- Bending – O
- Walking on normal surfaces – F
- Typing/keyboarding/ten-key – C
- Fine handling/grasping – O
- Repetitive motion (hands) – O
Pacific Oaks offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of diversity and social justice. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical, vision, and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, 403b with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition discount, and other perks.
Pacific Oaks is an affiliate of TCS Education System. To apply for this position or others, visit our Careers’ Page at: www.pacificoaks.edu
Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.