Finance and Administrative Associate
Finance and Administrative Associate
Job Number: 88966
Job Code: 4102
The Office of Technology Licensing (OTL) was established in 1970 to manage the intellectual property assets of Stanford University. OTL evaluates, markets, and licenses technology owned by the University. OTL's mission is to encourage effective technology transfer for the public benefit as well as generating royalty income for Stanford to benefit research and education. OTL is one of the country's most active offices in the field of technology transfer from the university to industry. Our staff, most of whom are professionals engaged directly in licensing, manages over 3,000 active dockets.
The Office of Technology Licensing at Stanford University seeks to fill one Finance and Administrative Associate position. In this role, you would perform a variety of administrative duties which may include reception duties, creating and editing communications, documents, reports and spreadsheets, scheduling and/or coordinating meetings, making travel arrangements, managing or maintaining office operations, performing employment and financial transactions, provide accounting and finance-related support to a finance team. You will provide administrative and operational support to the office, working under general supervision. AT this point, the work would be done remotely, with the expectation of returning to the office when the conditions are right.
In this role, you will:
- Perform receptionist duties, be the first point of contact to respond to phone calls, emails and other inquiries, determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures.
- Perform duties associated with scheduling, plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, organizing and operating meetings, conferences, seminars, and other office and out-of-office events.
- Communicating with vendors for services and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors, obtain vendor quotations, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, maintain office supplies and equipment. Arrange travel in compliance with unit and university policies.
- Process and monitor financial transactions, such as Procurement Card transactions, petty cash transactions, billing and invoicing, create, process and terminate purchasing orders for vendors.
- Process administrative tasks related to equity records, such as; send residency surveys and equity letters to inventors, attach letters to relevant records, coordinate with other relevant departments in order to keep the records up to date, book equity transaction in office software.
- May perform human resources transactional support, e.g. helping with bringing people on-board, time cards, I9s and other support.
* Other duties may also be assigned
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- High school diploma and three years of finance and administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- An Associate or Bachelor's Degree
- MS Office, Outlook, BOX, Google drive, Google sheets experience
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4102
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: H
- Requisition ID: 88966
Location: Dean of Research, Redwood City, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency