Administrative Assistant – Occupational Therapy Department
Position Summary: This position will provide administrative and technical support to the Occupational Therapy Department by performing a wide variety of clerical or specialized business functions and job-related duties to ensure the efficient operation of the department.
- Maintain a welcoming, professional and supportive demeanor to aid prospective students, students, faculty, visitors, and alumnae in a fast-paced environment. This will include taking direction from multiple faculty.
- This position requires diplomacy, proactive thinking, and calm action, as the incumbent will be assisting students as their potential first point of contact. They will assist with identifying their needs and offering appropriate solutions.
- Assist prospective students by phone, video platform, email, or in person, in their application for admission to the various occupational therapy programs. Provide detailed information about the various tracks of the occupational therapy program, and provide guidance via 1:1 or group meetings regarding the programs and admission process.
- Conduct daily phone and computer communications to support Chair, Directors, and faculty needs. Track student and graduate activities using a Microsoft Office platform and other systems, in order to prepare surveys, reports, schedules, and other forms of documentation.
- Proactively seek opportunities to support Chair and Directors in completing routine and special assignments, such as accreditation reports, mailings, survey development and distribution.
- Track department budget expenditures, prepare check requests, and monitor budgets to ensure correct accounting debits and credits. Understand financial aspects of the department; assist in preparing department budget and monitoring expenses. Process payment requests, requisitions, invoices, and department credit card statements.
- Keep office environment in efficient working order, including putting supplies away and organizing work area.
- Maintain accurate and organized files, purge and archive files as needed, to maintain department records.
- Order office and classroom supplies and maintain inventory for office. Assist faculty in tracking classroom supply orders and ensure accurate receipt of goods.
- Support department faculty and staff before, during, and after special events to prepare announcements, certificates, display information, manage catering and maintenance requests and complete any follow-up correspondence.
- Coordinate and assist with contacting and guiding guest speakers who visit campus.
- Monitor department pages on MMU website and post announcements on bulletin boards and/or on department Facebook page or other social media to support Chair and extend communications for the Department.
- Maintain updates on database for current students and department alumnae.
- Support onboarding for new faculty so they quickly learn how to navigate the MMU systems for administrative functions such as learning management system functions, available student service resources of the University, and other classroom and office manager systems.
- Be the point of contact for Admissions and Registrar to monitor class enrollment, registration, and admissions events in support of the Chair, Directors, and faculty.
- Distribute daily mail and process outgoing mail. Process bulk mailings and manage multiple mailing and email lists. Maintain and update all department related mailing and contact lists. Deliver and pick up items to/from other departments.
- Act as liaison to the Administrative support for the School Dean on behalf of department.
- Perform other duties, responsibilities, or special projects as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Three years' experience as an administrative assistant with ability to work with modest supervision and confidence to problem solve and communicate clearly, or a Bachelor's degree with relevant experience.
- Commitment to working as a team member and working with diverse constituencies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with other university departments. Ability to maintain confidentiality and accreditation records.
- Outstanding communication (verbal and written), organizational, and administrative skills.
- Sincere desire to assist prospective and current students; strong customer service orientation.
- Experience in office management; attention to detail; demonstrate flexible and efficient time management.
- Ability to utilize and strong proficiency in current computing technologies, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Strong proficiency in all aspects of MS Outlook.
- Strong proficiency in MS Word and Excel (spreadsheets, databases), to conduct department business including mail merge, database for modestly complex data sorting and tracking and all business communications.
- Ability to work in an environment that is fast-paced, has frequent interruptions, and occasional noise in the immediate area.
- Available to work flexibly to coincide with faculty and student peak hours, special events, etc.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform primary responsibilities.
- May be required to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must reach, bend, stoop, and lift.
- Must sit and/or stand throughout work day, sometimes for prolonged periods.
- Some repetitive motion may be required.
- Must listen carefully and speak clearly to others in person, via video conferencing, and on the telephone.
- Extended hours in front of a computer screen may be required.
- Scheduled for 40 hours a week, Monday Friday, with some flexibility in start and end work times.
- Office environment with varying levels of noise throughout the day.
- Varying workflow; sometimes stressful, with high workload during peak times of the year.
- Complete work required within a limited space.
- Complete work required within a limited time.
Mount Mary University encourages applications from all qualified candidates and is vitally committed to all aspects of diversity, equity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates and all will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ethnicity, pregnancy, disability, genetic information or any other groups protected by law. Mount Mary seeks to hire and retain personnel who will make a positive contribution to its mission, vision and values.
For more information about diversity, equity and inclusion at Mount Mary please visit https://www.mtmary.edu/about/diversity
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.