Contract and Grant Associate
Contract and Grant Associate
Job Number: 89003
Job Title: Contract and Grant Associate (This is a two-year fixed term position.)
Job Family: Compliance Legal
Job Series: Contract and Grant Administrator
Job Code: 4571
Stanford University is one of Silicon Valley's largest employers - and one of the most unique. Our mission is to educate future leaders and promote interdisciplinary, world-class research and teaching. This passion makes Stanford an intensely creative, rewarding, and challenging place to work. At the same time, our traditions of respect and collaboration sustain a humane, supportive environment in which to pursue your life and your career.
Research—the creation of new knowledge—is key to Stanford's educational mission. Stanford research has led to breakthrough remedies, devices, tools, and concepts, as well as 19 Nobel prizes for Stanford faculty. Among the inventions and discoveries that have resulted from Stanford research are MRI technology, DNA cloning, the Pill, heart transplantation, and digital music.
The Office of Research Administration (ORA) manages the administrative processes related to the entire lifecycle of sponsored research from proposal submission and award negotiation through financial reporting and award closeout. ORA submits over 5,000 new proposals annually and manages more than 7,700 active sponsored projects with a total budget exceeding $1.9 billion.
ORA is looking for a dynamic, flexible and motivated individual to perform the duties of a cross-functional Contract and Grant Associate (CGA). The cross-functional CGA will have a flexible assignment based on areas of need. The CGA will review incoming proposals to be submitted to external sponsors, prepare select agreements for Contract & Grant Officer approval, and process select subaward agreements on behalf of Stanford University. The position will also serve as a back-up to two other core functions, including the subaward requisition intake process and the Preaward Intake process. As part of a service-driven organization, ORA is looking for Contract & Grant Associates who approach learning and problem solving with enthusiasm, who are organized and focused to manage a significant workload, who adapt easily to changing situations and views new opportunities as creative challenges.
The Office of Research Administration (ORA) provides pre-award and post-award administrative services for sponsored projects for the University. In addition, ORA works in close collaboration with a number of partner groups in other central and school offices to help ensure the overall effective coordination of research administration services, systems, policies, and processes.
- Review extramural funding proposals for completion, accuracy, and compliance with sponsor guidelines, internal policy and external regulations; communicate and facilitate a coordinated approach to proposal submissions with all relevant parties.
- Prepare select agreements for management approval.
- Resolve problems arising in the course of the project; consult with department administrators, principal investigators and staff.
- Partner with Contract & Grant Officers to deliver excellent client services to Stanford faculty and research administration community.
- Provide back-up to manage subaward requisition intake process; review requisitions for accuracy and completion.
- Provide back-up to manage the preaward intake process to ensure that awards and requests are received and assigned in a timely fashion; recognize different kinds of sponsored project agreements, document types and ensure proper assignment within the SeRA system.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and four years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Communicate knowledge and ideas both verbally and in writing with professionalism, clarity and effectiveness
- Make good decisions based on critical and analytical thinking, experience and judgement
- Deliver high quality service and work products that can be relied upon by clients and colleagues to meet business requirements
- Drive change and continuous improvement through individual contributions
- Function effectively and independently in a fast-paced environment subject to external pressure and frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrates curiosity and is comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity
- Ability to navigate electronic systems in a paperless environment
- Knowledge of grant and contract programs and processes preferred
Certifications and Licenses:
- Frequently sitting, grasping lightly, use fine manipulation and a computer (keyboard, mouse, monitor).
- Occasionally use a telephone, rarely stand/walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat, write by hand, sort, and file paperwork or parts.
- Rarely lift, carry push, and pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- May have occasional extended or weekend work hours during peak business cycles.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
This position will be located in our new Stanford Redwood City campus, which is scheduled to open in 2019, and will be the workplace for approximately 2,700 staff whose jobs are important to supporting the university's mission. The campus brings departments together in a collaborative environment that reflects Stanford's culture and mission. The campus will offer amenities such as onsite cafes and a dining pavilion, a high-end fitness facility with an outdoor pool, and a child care center for Stanford families.
Stanford University's commitment to safely and effectively meet the public health challenge presented by COVID-19 extends to ensuring University employees may work from home, or another off-site location, where determined appropriate, whenever necessary through the end of August 2021. The department will give reasonable notice when employees are expected to return to work at the Redwood City campus.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4571
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 89003
Location: Business Affairs, Redwood City, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency