Administrative Associate 2
Administrative Associate 2
Job Number: 89004
The Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine in the Department of Pediatrics at Stanford University has an exciting opportunity for a talented administrative associate to join our team. The administrative associate will play a key role in providing support to faculty. The team is expected to see rapid growth over the next couple of years in its clinical, educational and research programs. We are seeking an organized, proactive and detail-oriented administrative associate who enjoys multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Respond to inquiries, and determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures.
- Perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating conferences, seminars, and events, including recommending vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors.
- Draft and/or generate routine communications; coordinate production (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as presentations, course handouts, grant proposals, conference and seminar materials, complex reports, brochures, and displays.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Process and monitor routine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintain office supplies and equipment; obtain vendor quotations, as needed. Coordinate office moves.
- Maintain approved content on websites.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Bachelor's degree desired.
- Must be able to work gracefully under pressure with frequent interruptions in a fast-paced environment that has constantly shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent writing skills - editing/drafting documents, PowerPoint presentations.
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) for website maintenance.
- Academic/medical experience desired, preferably at Stanford.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
High school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
*- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4441
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G
- Requisition ID: 89004
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency