Merchant Services Operations Manager
Merchant Services Operations Manager
Job Number: 89005
Redwood City Campus
Merchant Services Operations Manager
Job Title: Administrative Services Administrator 2
Job Code: 4122
Job Grade: J
Impact a Legacy
Consider all the lives saved over the many years as a result of Stanford's innovation in the medical field. Imagine a world without the internet and social platforms. Did you know Stanford pioneered the procedure for organ transplants and also created the first website in the United States? All of these advances and more, are a direct result of Stanford University's prominent faculty, researchers and alumni, who have revolutionized the way we live and enriched the world. Supporting this mission is Stanford's dedicated 16,000 staff, who come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere.
Stanford Redwood City Campus
Our new Stanford Redwood City campus opened in early 2019 and houses approximately 2,700 staff whose jobs are important to supporting the university's mission. The campus brings departments together in a collaborative environment that reflects Stanford's culture. Its amenities include an onsite cafe and dining pavilion, a high-end fitness facility with an outdoor rooftop pool, and an onsite childcare center. Stanford is currently developing it's plans for a post-COVID return to the campus, which is likely to retain elements of remote work schedules.
Stanford Merchant Services
Stanford University has annual revenues of $6B+ and assets of $40B, and its academic and support enterprise comprises numerous and varied “lines of business”. Office of the Treasurer (OOT) is a central finance function supporting the full range of these many stakeholders. As one of OOT's key business functions, Merchant Services (MS) provides the necessary infrastructure and oversight to manage electronic revenue collection operations via credit/debit card and digital payments at Stanford. The program is currently executing on a multi-year strategic transformation of its entire ecosystem, which will provide experience with new fintech solutions as well as managing impacts on change on merchants/users.
As Merchant Services Operations Manager, you will play a key role in providing overall program and day-to-day support to over 200 unique Stanford merchants, most of whom have specific products/services they are selling and unique internal processes & business needs. This role will report to the Program Director of Merchant Services and interact extensively with every school, department, and organization across the university. The role will lean heavily on your experience providing exceptional customer service, optimizing business operational processes, and improving client satisfaction.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Manage the daily operations of the Merchant Services (MS) program for the university including:
- Maintain the merchant account database to ensure accurate information is up to date
- Provide first level support to address operational issues that are not answered via self-service channels
- Triage merchant requests to determine priority status and for potential escalation to the proper support groups in ServiceNow ticketing system
- Manage and support two of the university's enterprise event management programs including:
- Perform security key integration/updates
- Resolve chargeback/payment issues
- Manage event/user accounts
- Manage system administration, user access, and merchant accounts for backend applications
- Facilitate the BlackLine reconciliation tool integration between FMS and merchant department users
- Perform financial duties such as bank reconciliation, transaction mapping, month end close, and financial metrics & reporting. Conduct ad hoc data analysis
- Develop relationships and interact regularly with program vendors and third-party service providers
- Manage the loaner equipment program for mobile point of sale (POS) terminals
- Facilitate merchant annual Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance attestation process including:
- Communicate timelines
- Provide software portal training
- Manage user access
- Track completion status
- Update merchant account information
- Manage PCI training requirements for the university including:
- Enroll users for PCI compliance training
- Troubleshoot course registration/completion errors
- Collaborate with the Information Security Office (ISO) to update and maintain content
- Expand MS operations best practices by improving current documentation, capturing and memorializing lessons learned, and raise awareness of MS value and offerings through an array of channels
- Evolve payment operations performance metrics and provide reporting analytics
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to optimize and scale more efficiently
- the credit card business operations that enable the university to collect revenue
- Support annual external and internal audit activities
Note: Other duties may be assigned
To be successful in obtaining this position, your background will include:
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience in credit card operations or equivalent function, or combination of education and relevant experience
- Advanced proficiency in Google/Microsoft Office tools, enterprise financial systems, internet and computer literacy
- Excellent communication and listening skills, attention to detail
- Tenacious problem-solving skills with the ability to anticipate downstream impacts of process changes
- A customer focus and willingness to drive solutions
- A proven ability to quickly learn new and complex systems, and procedures within a decentralized business environment
- Success as a self-starter who can prioritize their work independently with little oversight, and deliver multiple projects within deadlines
- Possession of an open, growth mindset and being a collaborative teammate
In addition, our preferred requirements include:
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) accounting
- Knowledge of payment card industry and emerging payment technologies
- Relevant finance/accounting/program management/IT certifications
- Constantly sitting.
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, use telephone, writing by hand, sort/file paperwork.
- Occasionally stand/walk, lift/carry objects weighing 11-20 pounds.
- Rarely reach/work above shoulder.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Routine extended working hours during peak cycles; travel to school/unit sites across university.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu
Stanford University's commitment to safely and effectively meet the public health challenge presented by COVID-19 extends to ensuring University employees may work from home, or another off-site location, where determined appropriate, whenever necessary through the end of August 2021. The department will give reasonable notice when employees are expected to return to work at the Redwood City campus.
The Office of the Treasurer invites you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply Online” link. Please submit an online application, resume, and cover letter.
Why Stanford is for You
We provide market competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our unique perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. As one of the greatest intellectual hubs in the world, take advantage of development programs, tuition reimbursement plus $800 you receive annually towards skill-building classes, or audit a Stanford course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums. Create an avatar and participate in virtual reality adventures or join one with fellow staff on Stanford vacations!
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computing, cell phones, outdoor recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4924
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Department URL: http://urology.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 89005
Location: Business Affairs: Financial Management Services (FMS), Redwood City, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency