Visiting Lecturer in Aviation Science
Job location: Killeen TAMUCT
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-03-30
Job TitleVisiting Lecturer in Aviation ScienceAgencyTexas A&M University - Central TexasDepartmentCollege Of Arts & SciencesProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationKilleen, TexasJob TypeFacultyJob Description
The faculty member will teach a variety of undergraduate aviation courses for the Professional Pilot and Aviation Management degree program, as determined by department needs and individual qualifications. The faculty member will be expected to perform the duties regularly expected of a faculty member, including, but not limited to, meeting their courses as scheduled, holding regular office hours in accordance with COAS policy, and submitting syllabi and attendance verification on time.
- Earned M.S or M.A. in pertinent degreed area from a regionally accredited institution.
- Possess minimum Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission of Colleges (SACSCOC) credentialing standards, which normally includes a master’s degree with 18 graduate semester credit hours in the subject area taught.
- Hold an FAA Commercial Pilot rating, Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) rating, or Airline Transport Rating (ATP).
- Significant in-depth aviation industry experience, either civil or military.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Culturally sensitive disposition.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Organizational and administrative skills.
- Previous effective teaching experience, including online.
PROPOSED MINIMUM SALARY
Commensurate with experience
One-year visiting assistant lecturer
HIRING TERM: 2021-2022
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.