Coordinator, Women’s Basketball Operations
Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-20
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Coordinator, Women’s Basketball Operations, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
The Coordinator of Women's Basketball Operations is a professional position in the women's basketball office.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Research and establish contact with women's basketball alumni and coordinate events and functions that will re-engage the alumni in the program.
- Serve as the women's basketball contact with the athletics equipment room. Work directly with the equipment room to order all necessary equipment and coordinate the distribution, maintenance, and collection of all such equipment in accordance with athletics equipment room policies and procedures.
- Serve as the point person coordinating team travel for all away women's basketball games. This includes scheduling all flights, ground transportation, lodging, meals, and practice accommodations associated with team trips.
- Arrange for pre/post game meals for home women's basketball games and assist the head coach with scheduling all home/away contest. Arrange visiting team practice schedules and needs with arena availability.
- Work in conjunction with the athletics marketing department to create and maintain an active "call list" to be utilized for marketing outreach activities aimed at creating awareness and interest in the women's basketball program. "Call list" will also serve as sales source for outgoing calls made by the athletics department's Fan Relationship Management Office.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to success in this position.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Must also have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills.Salary:$45,000 - $49,000College or Department:AthleticsLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. with weekend and holiday availability.Application Deadline: 2021-05-04-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.
This recruitment has been reopened; all previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply. This position may close without prior notice.