Front Desk and Office Specialist, Primary Care Practice
Job location: FAU Medicine – Galen Building
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-03-30
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The College of Medicine at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Front Desk and Office Specialist, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
The Front Desk and Office Specialist works as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide outstanding and comprehensive services to patients and visitors. This position is responsible for day-to-day operations and coordination of all programs and services of the FAU Medicine Primary Care office.
Serves as the first point of contact for patients. Ensures the accurate execution of clinical protocols in accordance with Good Clinical Practices, HIPPA, and required obligations to patients/participants, Directors, and clinical staff.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Organizes, manages, and maintains all FAU Medicine Primary Care office activities including welcoming patients/participants, managing check-in and scheduling, triaging patient questions to appropriate clinician(s), creates and executes office, insurance, and billing procedures, and oversees and manages electronic medical record system.
- Manages registration and check out process for FAU Medicine Primary Care office patients and caregivers. Ensures all parties are provided with accurate information on process, manages concerns and resolves problems should they arise in the process.
- Manages registration process for FAU Medicine Primary Care office patients and caregivers. Ensures all parties are provided with accurate information on process, manages concerns and resolves problems should they arise in the process.
- Conducts follow-up screenings (via phone, email, or in-person) according to established protocols.
- Investigates and resolves problems and ensures that information requests are handled in a professional and timely manner (i.e. variety of patient concerns, conflicts, billing and compliance issues, managing requests/issues, record requests, etc.).
- Coordinates and facilitates effective and timely communication between the Doctors, clinicians, labs, patients and participants in accordance to the proper chain of command.
- Prepares patient/participant charts and maintains medical records in accordance with established protocols and in compliance with state and federal regulations regarding privacy and security of confidential patient information. This position will have authority to create and maintain internal procedures ( i.e. insurance billing procedures/management, office procedures, guest procedures, SOP for position).
- Manages patient billing or financial inquiries and coordinates responses with medical billing company.
- Acts as a liaison between insurance companies, finance team, and FAU Medicine Primary Care office in regards to patient billing or financial inquires.
- Acts as a liaison between laboratories, medical offices and FAU Medicine Primary Care office.
- Responsible authority for planning, inventory, purchasing, and cost control of office supplies.
- Contributes to the development and preparation of marketing materials and website.
- Provides administrative support to the Doctors and Medical Assistants.
- Assists patients/participants and caregivers with technology in the waiting room.
- Liaises with college and university facilities departments regarding building maintenance and IT issues.
- Maintains an impeccable, attractive environment in the FAU Medicine Primary Care office waiting area and other common areas of the clinical suites. Maintains and ensures advertisements and educational materials are displayed, are current, and relevant.
- Utilizes the FAU Medicine Primary Care office clinical practice and HIPPA knowledge and communicates knowledge/information to all patients, participants, caregivers, etc.in a pleasant, professional, patient, and thorough manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and provides backup assistance as needed.
Previous experience working in a clinical practice and familiarity with electronic medical records and medical billing preferred.
Experience working with the older adult population preferred.
Excellent interpersonal, writing and verbal communication skills required.
Excellent organizational skills; Ability to handle multiple tasks required.
Must be able to work and make decisions independently.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, and communicate and work well as a team member.
Fluency in Spanish is preferred, but not required.Salary:$36,000College or Department:College of MedicineLocation:FAU Medicine – Galen BuildingWork Days and Hours:Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Evenings and weekends as needed, work days and hours may vary based off of the operating hours of the practice.Application Deadline: 2021-04-13-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.