Job no: 493963
Work type: Staff Temporary/Occasional
Categories: Health & Recreation
Butler University’s Office of Recreation & Wellness was launched in 2005-2006 and proudly opened its first campus recreation facility, the Health and Recreation Complex (HRC), in August of 2006. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Recreation, Aquatics & Operations and assists in the daily operations of a dynamic campus recreation facility and staff. This internship provides comprehensive, hands-on, learning experiences that further enhances the employee's development in the field of campus recreation and wellness.
Personnel Management (40%)
- Recruit, hire, train, schedule, supervise, and develop approximately 40-45 student staff working as Operation Supervisors.
- Act as an accessible resource and support for all Operation Supervisors, responding to staff questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- Plan, prepare and conduct monthly Operation Supervisor staff meetings.
- Oversee and develop four student Lead Supervisors.
- Gather input from students regularly through surveys or discussions, utilizing data to make enhancements to their experience and improve the Operation Supervisor position.
- Conduct annual student employee evaluations for Operation Supervisors.
- Assist in the creation of a consistent, seamless, comprehensive onboarding plan for Operations Supervisors.
- Complete payroll on a weekly basis.
Membership Management (20%)
Risk Management (10%)
Qualifications and Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in recreation, sports management or related field preferred and/or assurance that Butler University will meet internship requirements. Strong customer service, team building, leadership, decision making, and critical thinking skills required. Candidates that possess an interest in a career in campus recreation are especially encouraged.
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Advertised: March 31, 2021
Applications close: May 31, 2021