Web Designer/ Social Media/ Graphic Designer for Counseling & Disability Services
Job location: BYU–Hawaii
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-04-05
If you currently have a job on campus, please use the internal job board.NOTE: You can only have 5 open student applications at a time.
Job Description Summary
Designs art and layout revisions for visual communications media materials such as posters, pamphlets, flyers, websites, and digital marketing. Produces and/or formats website content using brightspot, Adobe Creative Suite, and other online programs. Creates engaging social media content to aid in marketing of outreach programs and communication efforts from the office. Assists in engagement efforts with student body via social media platforms.
- Designs original visual communication media using Adobe Creative Suite programs including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc. as well as online programs such as Canva and brightspot.
- Editing skills including: determining size and arrangement of illustrative material and font types that meets the interests of the target student body of individuals from Pacific Islands and East Asia.
- Creates designs, concepts, and sample layouts, based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts.
- Develops graphics and layouts for various visual communication media types including: product illustrations, social media apps, websites, flyers, posters, and general marketing for Counseling & Disability Services.
- Confers with Office Manager, Academic Trainees, and Interns to discuss and determine design content, layout, and presentation type especially for outreach programs and campaigns.
- Assists in engagement efforts with student body via social media platforms such as Instagram and Facebook, by commenting, connecting, and supporting students, employees, and organizations of BYU–Hawaii.
- Initiates, improves, and researches advertisings efforts for Counseling & Disability Services to stay up to date with changing trends and methods of connecting with the student body, especially international students.
- Monitors and collects data for performance statistics of social media platforms.
- Performs other duties as assigned in assisting the front office of the department.
- Maintains FERPA laws, office confidentiality, and the Honor Code & standards of BYU–Hawaii.
Clinical Office Environment