Business Office Analyst
Department:: Business Affairs
Locations:: Binghamton, NY
Posted:: Mar 25, 2021
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Ref. No.:: 03914
Position ID:: 129408
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget Title: Senior Staff Assistant (SL-3)
The Business Office Analyst will:
- Oversee development, maintenance, and management of University's eCommerce presence
- Present/demonstrate eCommerce software to campus-wide departments in order to best understand department's eCommerce need
- Create online storefronts for campus-wide department use to streamline online payment activity
- Train University staff on how to properly use eCommerce software
- Ensure accounting entries are properly recorded
- Assist Business Affairs staff with Payment Card Industry-Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS) compliance
- Document all areas on campus with a PCI impact (compliance status, needs/risks)
- Advise campus-wide departments on credit card transaction security requirements
- Check on/audit department-wide departmental compliance status
- Stay current on PCI topics and guidelines
- Assist Business Affairs staff with all aspects of financial/university reporting and thorough analyses
- Prepare financial analysis using Business Intelligence and SAS
- IPEDS Reporting
- NSF HERD Reporting
- Financial liaison to various university-wide departments
- Assist with Dormitory Budget
- Coordinate communication to campus from Business Affairs
- Assist Business Affairs staff with ad hoc requests
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration and/or related field
- Demonstrated technical aptitude, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Excellence in time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate competing priorities in a demanding environment
- Excellent professional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to relay complex financial/technical advice to audiences of varying expertise
- Ability to decipher ambiguous requests and deliver a creative, well-thought-out solution
- Advanced skills in MS Excel; proficient in MS Office Suite
- Problem solving, self-motivated learner motivated to join a hard-working team
- Experience with e-Commerce software platforms (e.g. TouchNet, NelNet, CashNet, etc)
- Experience with PCI-DSS compliance
- Experience with SAS and/or Oracle Business Intelligence
- Expert-level MS Excel skills
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website http://www.binghamton.edu/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Deadline for Internal Applicants: April 14, 2021
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.