Budget Analyst 1, 2, or 3
Job Title: Budget Analyst 1, 2, or 3
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 224838
Required Qualifications Budget Analyst 1
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, finance, or business administration required, with demonstrated emphasis in accounting course work. Budget Analyst 2
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, finance, or business administration required, with demonstrated emphasis in accounting course work and three years' of budget, finance, or accounting experience. Budget Analyst 3
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, finance, or business administration required, with demonstrated emphasis in accounting course work and five years' of budget, finance, or accounting experience.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and multi-task
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting deadlines
- Understanding of financial and/or cost accounting concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
- Ability to work independently, perform well under pressure, meet deadlines and exercise good judgment
- Proficiency in MS Excel, including pivot tables.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financials, including development of queries.
Responsibilities Help prepare, maintain and monitor budgets for University departments. Work with personnel at all levels to resolve budget issues. Prepare and analyze reports. Train new Budget Analyst and department Budget Managers and provide ongoing guidance and assistance. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review, approve, and process budget amendment requests;
- Analyze requests for budget approval for position classification forms, ad hoc salary change requests, and distribution change requests. Work with departments to ensure budgets justify budget approval;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc reports. This will include analysis of budget vs. actual data and using trend analysis to make projections;
- Assist in preparation of Original Budget to include resolution of problems with budgets built by departments and final BOR submission;
- Help train new Budget Analysts and Department Budget Managers. Provide ongoing guidance and assistance to Budget Analysts and campus customers. Help with department and maintenance of training materials and presentations;
- Participate in testing for budget-related processes and systems;
- Review budgetary processes and procedures. Advise management on various budgetary matters to include recommendations for changes in policies and procedures.
- Perform all other related duties/tasks as assigned.
Shift/Salary Shift: Full-Time/Days/M-F Pay Grade: 14, 16, 18 Salary: $36,197 - $50,000
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Credit Check This position will require the acquisition of a P-Card and/or handle cash, credit or other sensitive information and will require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check as a condition of employment.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University