Job Title: Office Specialist
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 225342
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent from a recognized State or Federal accrediting organization is required and a minimum of four years' progressively responsible office support experience.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Answer phones, triage patient calls. Route to triage nurse or physicians. Process all patient referrals from outside physicians and coordinate with surgery scheduler. (In the general office).
- Maintain multiple calendars for three faculty as well as section calendar. Coordinate with residents and students regarding their rotations in Vascular Surgery. Collect and distribute radiation badges.
- Prepare patient charts for multiple clinics. Print out clinic schedules via IDX and attach referral information for new patients. Print notes and send to referring physicians and dialysis centers.
- Maintain data base for all procedures done at ASMP. Send reports and patient notes to ASMP weekly. Process check requests and IDR's for section.
- Prepare agenda for weekly Vascular Conference. Send out invites and coordinate with sponsor for delivery of breakfast. After conference center CME credits for all attendees.
- Coordinate with chief regarding call schedule for the section. Once draft has been completed, enter call schedule via OnCall System.
- Prepare and process travel arrangements for meetings and conferences for faculty and nursing staff. Process travel requests and reimbursements.
- Assist with promotion and tenor process. Maintain and update credentials for three outside facilities. Track all licenses and make sure they are up to date. Maintain files for each physician and nurse.
- Enter faculty leave for physicians each month. Process Clinic Cancellations for each faculty member as well as one NP.
- Perform all other related duties/tasks as assigned.