Human Resources Manager
DescriptionSchool/College of Medicine, Department of MedicineDivision of Pulmonary Sciences & Critical Care Human Resources Manager Position #782428 – Requisition #20721
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Division of Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) HR Manager position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
Jobs in this career family provide the management of human capital. Functions include providing advice and guidance to managers and employees, and performing functions including strategic planning and analysis, compliance with policies and laws, employment and compensation, job evaluation, performance and leave management, employee training/development, reward and recognition, employee relations, affirmative action, benefits, employee records/information, and payroll.Managers are responsible for the day-to-day operation of functional work units, including the development and implementation of processes consistent with college, school or departmental strategies and processes and the supervision of professional and support staff.Position Emphasis:
The HR manager is responsible for supervising Pulmonary’s administrative staff and independently overseeing all HR and Faculty Affairs related processes on a divisional level. Additionally, this position functions as a backup to the Division Administrator, with the guidance of the DOM HR Manager. This position is responsible for aligning the divisional activities with the policies and procedures of the Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, and University of Colorado. Supervision Received:
Reports to the Division Administrator. Supervision Exercised:
This position will supervise administrative support staff in the Division. The HR manager is responsible for recruiting, hiring, promoting, evaluating, coaching, and termination as it relates to these positions. The HR manager also assigns tasks to these staff members, monitors progress and workflow, and evaluates accuracy. Examples of Work Performed:
In addition to supervising the administrative support staff mentioned above, this position:
Salary and Benefits:
- Drafts faculty letters of offer and their related faculty recommendation forms (FRF). This requires ensuring that the salary offered is within the Division’s salary benchmarking parameters, contacting hiring authorities with the proper salary ranges and requiring modifications to the range listed in the letters when required. This position also ensures that the letters of offer do not contain any language that commits the Division of Pulmonary or Department of Medicine to any unintended financial obligations.
- This position is also responsible for drafting LOOs for staff.
- Responsible for updating the Division’s continuity-of-operations plan (COOP) in-conjunction with the Division Administrator. Determines what items are necessary to be included in the departmental administration COOP plan and develops procedures/processes to provide these items/processes. Submits COOP plan to DOM for approval.
- Responsible for all HCM, CU Careers, and Smartsheets processes and procedures.
- Drafts and revises all Faculty and University Staff job descriptions in the Division.
- Oversees and drives the faculty promotions, mid-course review, and post-tenure review processes.
- Administers volunteer faculty appointment.
- Drafts, reviews, and approves all MOUs.
- Management of human resources processes, including but not limited to: job postings, time entry, and terminations. Reports any instances where professional research assistants and/or staff members have been terminated without following proper procedures and advises on proper procedures. Ensures that student hourly employee’s hourly rates are reasonable, especially when a family member is hired.
- Facilitates and promotes staff development and training classes, and provides orientation to faculty and staff as needed.
- Monitors performance evaluation activities, including the Faculty PRiSM system, to include implementation and maintenance of the appropriate performance planning/appraisal program.
- Works with Division Accountant for all payroll tasks such as creating journal entries, payroll expense transfers, and funding distributions updates.
- Works with Division Accountant in managing all funding distributions for departmental administrative staff and Department Chair.
- Collects and posts all vacation and sick leave usage for Faculty, staff, and students.
- Calculates and submits leave accrual payouts at time of separation.
- Responsible for processing FML certifications and tracking associated leave.
- Responsible for managing all division level recruitment; faculty, staff, and students.
- Processes all credentialing applications (privileging and billing) for faculty.
- Facilitates access to Pulmonary spaces, including the University and the University Hospital
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at $67,136 - $85,397. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Public Administration, Healthcare Administration or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Three years of relevant administrative experience, preferably in a healthcare or higher education setting.
: Professional level Human Resources experience may substitute for the degree on a year-for-year basis, but not for the specific experience.Required: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hirePreferred Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Public Administration, Healthcare Administration, or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Experience working in an academic medical center.
- Experience working with PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM).
- Three years of supervisory experience.
- Experience in clinical credentialing functions
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and evaluate a broad range of laws, rules, and regulations in order to exercise good judgment in applying them to human resource challenges.
- Knowledge of the professional standards, concepts, and practices of recruitment and selection, employee relations, or organizational development and human resource policy.Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, including public speaking. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.Thorough knowledge of current management and leadership methods and best practices. Proficient skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.Proven track record of working effectively with high-level administration.Ability to set goals and motivate support staff.Independent judgement, critical thinking, analysis and self-directed work.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.Job Category:
Human ResourcesPrimary Location:
Mar 30, 2021Unposting Date:
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University