University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
- This position is responsible for the personnel administration of the SSPPS faculty, university staff and classified staff which includes; recruitment and selection, job evaluation and compensation, professional development, performance management, terminations and layoffs, etc…Administers faculty relocations, and workers compensation claims for on-the-job-injuries, while ensuring compliance with all applicable university, federal and state personnel rules and regulations. Administers faculty reappointment, promotion and tenure and post-tenure reviews and sabbaticals. Advises deans, department chairs, directors, supervisors and other relevant staff regarding personnel strategy and issues Serves as the SSPPS appointing authority for classified staffProvides input on staffing of faculty and staff positions to align with strategic objectives. Oversees records management, ensuring personnel files and records are processed, maintained and available electronicallyDirectly manage and coach a Program Assistant position to assist in meeting organizational, unit and professional goals
- Serves as the approving authority for payroll transactions and is responsible for administering payroll for all SSPPS employees to ensure that it is processed in a timely manner and in accordance with applicable university rules and regulations. Assures that SSPPS payroll liaisons are properly trained and approves all applicable payroll entries.
- Evaluates promotional opportunities within the school and develops programs to improve retention, enhance skills, advance individual careers and generally foster an atmosphere that promotes positive employee morale. Works through a variety of faculty and staff employee relations issues in an ongoing effort to maintain a harmonious and collaborative work environment.
- Administers visas and ensures employment eligibility for all SSPPS international employees in collaboration with the International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) office. This includes preparing all necessary documents and maintaining a working knowledge of all applicable regulations.
- Administers all Family Medical Leave and Parental Leave requests while ensuring compliance with all associated university, state and federal regulations.
- Represents the school on school-wide, campus and university committees as assigned.
- The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $87,275 - $111,014.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
- Here is a link to an overview of the benefits package
- Here is a link to a Total Compensation Calculator
- The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in human resources, business administration, business operations, public administration, higher education administration, or a closely-related field
- At least five (5) years of extensive, diverse and progressively responsible human resources management experience
- A master’s degree from an accredited college or university in human resources, business administration, business operations, public administration, higher education administration, or a closely-related fieldAt least two (2) years of payroll administration experienceExperience directly supervising or managing human resources and/or administrative support staff Extensive employee relations experience that includes leading, coaching and advising staff and management through difficult conversationsProfessional experience in a higher education or healthcare environmentFamiliarity with State of Colorado employment laws, rules, regulations and procedures (Classified State Personnel System)Certification from a professional human resources organization (SHRM, HRCI, State of CO, etc…)
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with senior level administration, faculty, staff, campus and school administrators.Ability to evaluate policies and exercise sound judgment in the interpretation and application of policies, procedures and rules.Ability to organize and complete complex projects and to work under tight deadlines. Ability to generate personnel and payroll reports and data to enable decision making.Ability to quickly learn and apply knowledge of the university and school’s organizational structure within an academic setting.Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, faculty, students and with departmental representatives within the campus and university. Ability to help resolve sensitive and difficult problems involving personnel; using tact, diplomacy, knowledge and sound judgment.Maintain an in-depth knowledge of personnel administration practices, State of Colorado Personnel Rules and Regulations, rules, policies and procedures in regards to personnel administrative procedures, Visa acquisition procedures, and training and retention programs for the support personnel.In-depth knowledge of all applicable university, state and federal personnel rules and regulations. Remain apprised of new and changing legislation and/or policies regarding personnel and ensure department and school compliance.In-depth knowledge of visa rules and regulations primarily for recruiting and retention purposes.
Job Category: Human Resources
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Mar 31, 2021
Unposting Date: Apr 15, 2021, 12:59:00 AM