System Administrator - Information Technology
FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, is seeking candidates for the System Administrator position in the Office of Information Technology.
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area.
This position is responsible for providing, installing, configuring, operating and maintaining computer systems hardware, software , managing system activity and related infrastructure.
- Manages and monitors system activity, server room, and storage.
- Maintains user access administration and active directory.
- Generates and retains system backups.
- Installs patches.
- Reviews system logs.
- Plans disaster recovery strategies.
- Reports malicious or suspicious activity on systems to ISO.
- Conducts system audit logging.
- Installs and maintains all servers.
- Monitors financial management system and server.
- Monitors access controls server.,
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of host and server setup and equipment.
- Knowledge of the active directory environment.
- Knowledge of Veeam backup software.
- Knowledge of virtual server installation and setup.
- Knowledge of a customized financial management system.
- Knowledge of a customized access control system.
- Skill in assessing problems and researching solutions.
- Skill in understanding system logs from all servers and host.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology and four years of related experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com