Director of Admissions
Jarvis Christian College has an opening for a Director of Admissions. The director will be responsible for the overall planning, management, coordination and evaluation of the Office of Admissions of the college. The Director of Admissions will report to the Executive Director of Enrollment Management. These responsibilities will be in line with the college’s goals and mission.
- Bachelor's degree and at least five years of progressive leadership experience in College Admissions, including recruitment and enrollment planning and program development.
- Preferred qualifications of Master’s degree in a related field and five to seven years or more experience in a college admission setting. Higher education experience.
- Experience with JENZABAR, or other technology platforms related to enrollment management.
- Experience in developing and maintaining collaborative professional relationships; effective public speaking, verbal, and written communication skills. Experience in collecting and analyzing data for recruitment metrics; proven ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Experience in the areas of strategic enrollment planning, admission, and financial aid is expected, as is knowledge of broader higher education trends, and a demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Extensive hours and weekends will be required at times.
- Makes prompt and effective contact with prospective and admitted candidates.
- Participates in off-campus events to move prospective students through the pipeline (including high school/community college visits, college fairs, and yield events).
- Evaluate undergraduate applications for admission based on the college’s recruiting goals and standards.
- Counsel parents, applicants, and school counselors regarding the college’s admission policies and procedures.
- Attend on-campus admission events (open houses, admitted student events).
- Supervision responsibilities of support staff (i.e. recruiters, admissions counselors, work study, student assistants).
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the position.
- Possess strong leadership, time management skills, and have the ability to prioritize and balance responsibilities.
- Ability to use technology and data in developing and implementing an effective recruitment plan.
- Knowledge of best practices in enrollment management and a record of success in increasing enrollment as well as net tuition revenue.
- Familiarity with and appreciation of traditional, nontraditional, transfer, graduate and non-degree seeking student recruitment is required.
- A proven track record in the identification, admission, recruitment and enrollment of prospective students, comprehensive and strategic enrollment planning, and shaping classes to meet the University mission.
- Background in working with transfer student populations is highly desired.
- Analytical, data-informed, and outcomes-oriented; experienced in data analytics and forecasting class and revenue.
- Ensure that consistent branding and messaging is clearly articulated externally to achieve strategic goals.
- The ability to engage current students, faculty, alumni, and parents in the recruitment and enrollment of all new students.
- Practical experience with the ability to artfully approach all elements of the recruitment funnel.
- Familiarity with compliance of federal and state financial aid regulations, along with attention to adherence of budget guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills required to interact effectively with all College constituents.
- Demonstrated history of supporting staff and student development and advocacy.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and lead a hard-working, energetic team; recognize the skill sets and talents of the staff and provide professional development opportunities to enhance them.
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- Moderate physical activity.
Apply for Director of Admissions
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly