Recruiter (Student Services)
Applications are being accepted for a full-time Recruiter position at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac Campus. This position will provide outreach, recruitment, enrollment and initial retention of students through direct contact and assistance from application to registration. Flexible scheduling and extensive travel is required on a weekly basis including evenings and some weekends.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, initial review of applicants will take place May 3, 2021.
Beginning: May 2021Responsibilities
1. Plan and carry out outreach and marketing activities for the adult and secondary school markets. Develop related promotional materials.
2. Coordinate and conduct on- and off-campus student recruitment and admission activities such as awareness tours, Discover Moraine Park/Career Showcase, and counselor appreciation. Collaborate with Academics and business and industry to cultivate college enrollment for incumbent employees.
3. Establish and maintain a comprehensive communication plan through Customer Relations Management (CRM) or similar database technologies. Utilize student tracking information to identify and perform recruitment activities and enrollment services.4. Maintain systematic and deliberate contact with the inquiry/prospect pool, assisting each individual from application to registration. Qualify leads, track event conversions and maintain overall conversion goals. Follow up with prospects from point of contact to application and registration, in collaboration with advising.
5. Provide assistance to the public and prospective students to facilitate successful entry and enrollment in MPTC programs, courses and services. Represent Moraine Park’s seamless education opportunities at recruitment events. 6. Foster linkages with other teams in the College for improved services, communication and the delivery of recruitment and retention activities. Act as a representative to internal/external teams and advisory groups that share services or interests with Enrollment Services.
7. Facilitate an exceptional student experience and support the enrollment-conversion objectives of the work team by specializing in the internal recruitment of customers and targeted undeclared students into dedicated programs of study. Assist prospective students with career coaching.
8. Provide general information and personalized assistance to the public related to instructional offerings and support services at MPTC.
9. Seek new avenues to proactively recruit the appropriate students to MPTC.
10. Assist with Career Prep (K-12) initiatives. Perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
1. Associate Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or related fields required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
2. Three years of related occupational experience. Experience in a post-secondary educational setting preferred.
3. Any combination of equivalent training and experience which provides desired knowledge, skills and abilities.
4. Familiarity with educational settings, general public relations and the mission of technical colleges.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience applying them in a promotional setting. Experience promoting a product or service preferred.
6. Experience in sales and marketing.
7. Demonstrated ability to conduct dynamic presentations and interact effectively with diverse populations.
8. Demonstrated ability to make presentations to large audiences.
9. Demonstrated ability to display a positive, customer focus with students and groups and to work effectively in teams and form positive working relationships with staff.
10. Thorough knowledge of common database operations and educational software applications, and presentation technologies.
11. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
12. Ability to plan, organize and schedule priorities effectively.
13. Must possess a valid WI Driver’s License, with the ability to pass MPTC’s insurance carrier criteria.
14. Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Short Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program