Conference and Events Coordinator
The Conference and Campus Events Coordinator is responsible for attracting and the overall coordination and management of special events, conferences, and scheduling to include accommodations set-up, coordination of staff, maintenance of computerized records, and revenue monitoring responsibility. Coordinator facilitates the scheduling and efficient use of space by internal departments for the day-to-day operations of the College. Coordinator applies an entrepreneurial approach to maximize net revenue for the College.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Schedule all internal events and utilize space efficiently and effectively to meet the needs of internal and external constituencies.
- Maintain College calendar and disseminate information as appropriate.
- Assist as needed with major College events including Commencement, Reunion Weekend, Convocation and special student weekend events.
- Coordinate all facets of summer campus, conference programs and special facility rentals (weddings, reunions, etc.) working closely with appropriate departments. This includes scheduling, contracts, housing, facility use and food services.
- Prepare recommended policies, procedures and pricing for review and approval of the President’s cabinet.
- Maintain all records for events; working closely with the Business Office ensuring accurate invoicing.
- Prepare an annual budget for events to include anticipated revenues and corresponding expenses.
- In conjunction with the communications and marketing department, establish and maintain an aggressive marketing program to generate maximum utilization of facilities and maximum overall net revenue.
- Develop and maintain information on both the College’s website and its intranet (GLOBE).
- Serve on appropriate committees and attend campus events as required.
- Supervise student workers as necessary.
- Implement initiatives included in the College’s strategic plan
- Other duties as assigned by the VP and Chief Financial Officer.
Successful candidate will possess proven leadership and excellent customer services skills, strong communication both written and oral; excellent computer skills; detail oriented and highly organized; ability to work independently and with students, faculty, staff plus a wide range of community and professional organizations.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field with 3-5 year’s previous experiences required.