Job Title: Security Officer
Reports To: Director of Security and Safety
Status: Full Time, 40 hrs/wk - Tuesday - Saturday 4:00pm - 12:00 am
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide general security to campus by means of vehicle patrol, foot patrol or fixed post assignment.
2. Respond to alarms, calls for service and emergency situations.
3. Detect, deter and investigate unusual activity.
4. Provide students, employees and visitors with information and assistance.
5. Observe and report violations of campus policies and applicable laws.
6. Enforce college regulations including motor vehicle operation and parking regulations.
7. Complete professional security incident reports in a timely fashion.
8. Provide excellent customer service to students, faculty, staff, visitors and co-workers.
9. Provide first aid as needed including use of an AED and administering CPR.
10. Respond to assignments as directed by dispatcher or supervisory personnel.
11. Document and report unsafe conditions. Correct or mitigate, if possible, pending correction.
12. Perform dispatching duties as assigned (answer incoming phone calls, monitor cameras and access control and fire reporting systems, monitor radio communications, account for department property, etc.
13. Perform other security/safety functions as directed or required.
14. Other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or GED (some college or military experience preferred)
2. Two years’ experience as a security guard/officer, police officer or firefighter
3. Must have a valid NYS driver’s license
4. Must have current NYS certification.
5. Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
6. Satisfactory ability to use computers to email, complete reports in a records management system and complete occasional online training.
7. Must be able to effectively respond to emergency situations with all due haste.
8. Extensive foot patrol to include stairwells, parking lots and roadways.
9. Must be able to move 75 pounds and lift 40 pounds
Compensation includes a comprehensive health insurance plan, 40 3(b) retirement package and tuition remission after one year.