Faculty - Nurse Aide Curriculum (adjunct)
Faculty - Nurse Aide Curriculum (adjunct)Classification Title:
Part Time FacultyFLSA:
E = ExemptPosition Type::
The Nurse Aide Curriculum Instructor will be responsible for the teaching of class, lab, and clinical. This position is for an instructor to teach the RCCC Nurse Aide Certificate Curriculum at the North Carolina Research Campus from 7:30-9:30 am.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the development of the NA I and NA II courses.
- Coordinates the planning of class, lab and clinical.
- Has a teaching assignment in the class, lab and clinical component of the NA courses.
- Collaborates with selective High School partners involved with the RCCC Career and College Promise program.
- Meets and maintains standards and criteria required by NCDHSR.
- Provides orientation to faculty and assist with professional development activities.
- Serves on the Nursing Advisory Committee.
The Nurse Aide Curriculum Instructor:
- Minimum of a ADN
- Must be a registered nurse with an unencumbered license.
- Must be licensed to practice in North Carolina
- Must have at least two (2) years (4000 hours) of experience as a registered nurse in the United States.
- Must have at least one (2) year (4000 hours) of RN experience in the United States.
- The applicant meets at least ONE of the following criteria:
1. completion of a course in teaching adults.
2. experience in teaching adults, or
3. experience in supervising nurse aides.
- Has experience working in the community college system.Department::
Asscociate Degree NursingWork Hours::
Max 10 hoursPosting Date::
09/01/2021Open Until Filled:
NoDuty and Responsibility::
1.Update, communicate and follow course syllabus content in accordance with directions provided and administrative guidance.Duty and Responsibility::
2.Participate in professional development opportunities (selected or assigned) in order to enhance and apply knowledge/skills within the discipline, to effectively utilize required course technology and College applications, and to maintain licensures (as applicable).Duty and Responsibility::
3.Utilize College technology for the delivery of instruction and completion of operational processes; this includes but is not limited to the College’s learning management system, email and calendaring solution, document management system(s), student information system, and employee portals.Duty and Responsibility::
4.Meet deadlines, including maintaining and submitting accurate class records, employee records/requests, and other assigned tasks.Duty and Responsibility::
5.Successfully prepare, manage, and deliver course content in order to achieve course objectives, accommodate diverse learning styles, and meet administrative requirements. When applicable, ensure laboratories are appropriately stocked with required supplies and equipment is in safe operating order.Duty and Responsibility::
6.Actively engage students and provide prompt feedback in an objective, respectful, and effective manner.Duty and Responsibility::
7.Work collaboratively with the College’s support services to identify and address the students’ academic support needs.Duty and Responsibility::
8.Support student advising, registration and recruitment efforts, as appropriate or required.Duty and Responsibility::
9.Facilitate a positive, student-centered, and professional environment among students, faculty and staff.Duty and Responsibility::
10.Adhere to College policies and procedures.Duty and Responsibility::
11.Follow the appropriate chain of supervision.Duty and Responsibility::
12.Participate in College meetings, events, and committees as appropriate or required.