Digital Communication Specialist
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-03-31
Job TitleDigital Communication SpecialistAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentEnrollment ManagementProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeStaffJob Description
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Digital Communications Specialist uses creativity, imagination, originality to develop, write, and edit materials designed for digital ad campaigns, the Enrollment Management webpages and the CRM. The Digital Communications Specialist interprets and presents the University’s brand to future students and creates action-oriented digital marketing copy to achieve enrollment goals.
The Digital Communications Specialist writes copy to support all aspects of the CRM including communication campaigns, landing pages, and events. The Digital Communications Specialist proofreads original copy, as well as prepared materials, for readability and grammatical correctness. The Digital Communications Specialist position is a shared role with reporting lines to the Executive Director of Marketing and Communications and assigned solely to the VP for Enrollment Management. The Digital Communications Specialist works closely with both areas in matters concerning editorial style and format in order to ensure consistency and quality of written materials to be published in print or online.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Helps to promote the A&M-Commerce to prospective students and their families, community based organizations, and educational partners by contributing a unique and fresh interpretation in preparing feature stories for the Enrollment Management webpages and digital strategy.
- Helps to promote the University to prospective students by using invention, imagination, originality and talent in preparing copy for digital Enrollment Management’s digital strategy.
- Assures the production of material consistent with established guidelines by organizing materials and completing writing assignments in accordance to set standards regarding order, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Contributes to the development of digital content by reviewing and recommending revisions or changes in scope, format, and content or determining the need for development of new material.
- Assures consistency with standards by editing, standardizing, or making changes to material prepared by other writers or other personnel.
- Develops subject matter for content by conferring with Enrollment Management stakeholders.
- Maintains a project log of documents and other records and files, working with other staff members as part of a team to facilitate the reuse and storage of electronic document files, and assisting in the supervision of an office staff of editorial graduate assistants and student employees.
- Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as directed by the Executive Director of Marketing and Communication and the VP for Enrollment Management.
- Contributes to the overall success of the Office of Marketing and Communications and the Division of Enrollment Management by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: A Bachelor’s degree granted prior to the start date of the position in English, Communications, Journalism, Business or a related area is required.
- Experience: Two (2) years of work experience in a writing/communications position or combination of education and other experiences with developing original content for a targeted and or segmented audience via social media, digital ads and SEO is required.
- Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Strong proofreading and editing skills are required. Organizational and planning skills are required. Knowledge of word processing is required.
- Ability to: Produce a portfolio of work demonstrating an expertise in writing for an external college going audience is required. The ability to manage a high volume of complex projects is required.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: Valid driver’s license.
- Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Other Requirements: The scope of the job requires some evening and weekend work and occasional travel.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Experience utilizing innovative technology such as a CRM solution is preferred. Familiarity with database systems such as Ellucian Banner, PeopleSoft or some other type of database product utilized by institutions of higher learning is preferred. Google certifications such as: Analytics, Campaign Manager and Ad Measurement. Knowledge of higher education recruitment and admissions procedures is preferred.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Student workers and graduate assistants
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.