CRC Technical Consultant
CRC Technical Consultant🔍Business Affairs: University IT (UIT), Stanford, California, United States📁Information Technology Services📅Mar 30, 2021 Post Date📅88965 Requisition #Job purpose:Computer Resource Consulting (CRC) here at Stanford is looking for a Technical Consultant to provide desktop support and consulting to our world-class institution. That’s our working title for people who love to help others, tackle interesting problems, enjoy variety, and have a passion for tech.That real passion for tech will serve you well, as what you will be responsible for in our organization is different than many other places that do IT support. We are an internal service center (meaning we charge Stanford for our services), but we are still Stanford employees. We balance “running a phenomenal business” and “doing the right thing.” We know we do a great job because our clients love us, and we take pride in that. Instead of puffing ourselves way up, maybe it’s best to illustrate things with do’s and don’ts.We don’t have:
- mandated standards that everyone follows
- a lot of downtime (honestly, it’s basically always busy or if it’s not we’re working on the next big thing)
- lots of free food a case of the Mondays
- teams that support each other
- lots of variety & opportunities
- strong, supportive, relationships with other awesome IT groups around Stanford’s campus a focus on health & wellbeing (be it work-life balance, stress, mental health, etc)
- Diagnose and resolve end-user problems; respond to raised issues from clients and other support teams; perform triage, provide remote problem resolution when possible, refer problems to associated groups.
- Research, recommend and implement hardware and software purchases and configurations to meet client needs and ensure compatibility with university systems and architecture.
- Research, recommend and implement approved standards used throughout the unit and give to the development of the client support strategy.
- Investigate and test new tools, systems, techniques, and software products.
- Provide technical guidance and training; may guide other staff.
- Work on projects requiring expertise and creativity in analysis and deployment of technology.
- May perform routine server administration. Other duties may also be assigned
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide excellent client service.
- Ability to apply diagnostic techniques for problem solving. Ability to apply information technology standard methodologies, including security (this includes information security or physical security, such as asset management) to problem resolution and troubleshooting.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, bending, lifting, standing, and carrying equipment.
- Occasionally lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 21-40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel/crawl, climb (ladders, scaffolds, or other), writing by hand, sort/file paperwork or parts, grasp forcefully. Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- May require extended hours and weekends, on-call rotation.
- Social Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates dedication to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned. Subject to and expected to align with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our work-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4732
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: H
- Requisition ID: 88965