Senior Support Services Analyst
Senior Support Services Analyst 🔍Residential & Dining Enterprises, Stanford, California, United States📁Information Technology Services📅Mar 30, 2021 Post Date📅88979 Requisition #Note: The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.ABOUT STANFORD UNIVERSITY AND RESIDENTIAL & DINING ENTERPRISES:Founded in 1891, Stanford University is among the top academic institutions in the country, excelling in a wide range of fields from the humanities to information technology to the health sciences and medicine. The university is located near Palo Alto, 35 miles south of San Francisco, on an 8,800-acre campus.Residential & Dining Enterprises (R&DE), the largest auxiliary organization at Stanford University, supports the academic mission of the University by providing the highest quality services to students and other members of the university community. The Department has an annual operating budget of over $270 million, oversees a 5 million sq. ft. physical plant across the campus, and provides housing for over 13,000 students and dependents, serves over 18,000 daily meals at 30 dining and retail locations and over 300,000 meals at Athletic Concessions events, and hosts 20,000 conference guests annually. Additionally, R&DE comprises 735 FTE staff in the following divisions: The Office of the Senior Associate Vice Provost, Student Housing, Stanford Dining, Stanford Hospitality & Auxiliaries, Stanford Conferences, and a team of R&DE strategic business partners: Finance & Administration, Human Resources, Information Technology and Communications.R&DE Information Technology consists of 26 full and part-time staff. The department is organized into six teams: CIO office, Portfolio and Project Management Office, Applications Development, Support Services, Security, and Systems Administration. R&DE IT supports over 70 applications and integrations, 2,200 technology assets, and 900+ users. In addition to providing excellence in everything they do; R&DE IT is dedicated to the mission and core values of Residential & Dining Enterprises.The Computer Support Analyst 2 is a member of the Support Services team and furthers the mission of the organization by providing the highest quality service to students and other members of the university community in a sustainable and fiscally responsible manner. This customer facing role will be provide technical support to end-users for computer hardware, software, network and data security related problems. The individual will also work with internal and cross-functional teams on project execution and may contribute to the planning of operational support after project implementation. The incumbent must also have a “can do” attitude; engage in a team collaborative environment; ensure that all assets comply with all governing rules, policies and procedures while providing guidance and assistance to clients and staff. “Students (Customers) First “is the mantra of R&DE and our strategic goals reflect our commitment to delivering quality and excellence to our constituents every day. In R&DE, “Excellence is defined by aligning our strategic goals and performance with our vision.”Stanford and R&DE are committed to creating and sustaining a diverse environment. R&DE’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is reflected in our work of providing service excellence to our students. Diversity is more than a commitment—it is foundational to what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other characteristics that make us different. JOB PURPOSE: Under general supervision, provide technical support to end-users for computer hardware, audio/ visual, IoT, PoS, software, and network related problems. CORE DUTIES:
- Diagnose and resolve end-user problems on MAC OS X, Windows 10 and iOS platforms on a variety of hardware and IoT devices; respond to escalated issues from clients and other support teams within service level expectations; perform triage including in Service Now, provide remote problem resolution when possible, refer problems to associated groups.Install, upgrade, configure, and troubleshoot computing and communication devices and peripherals.Research, recommend and implement hardware and software purchases and configurations to meet client needs and ensure compatibility with university systems and architecture.Work on projects requiring expertise and creativity in analysis and deployment of technology.Investigate and test new tools, systems, techniques, and software products.Create, update, and maintain documentation for clients and staff in compliance with university policy and federal and state regulations in Confluence and Service Now.
- Ability to provide excellent client service.Ability to apply diagnostic techniques for problem troubleshooting.Ability to apply information technology best practices, including security (this includes information security or physical security, such as asset management) to problem resolution and troubleshooting.Excellent customer service skills and technical resolution skills.Strong technical experience with Windows 7/10, Mac OS X, and iOS operating systems.Strong technical experience and problem resolution with the application portfolio such as Office 365, Google Drive, One Drive, Duo Mobile, Adobe, Cisco Jabber, Cisco Any Connect VPN, VMWare Fusion, SLACK, BigFix, IBM TRIRIGA, EATEC, Reserve, Kronos time clocks, Oracle Opera, Kinetix, Crash Plan, Intelligent Hub, and Zoom.Good technical experience and ability to troubleshoot a variety of audio/visual and teleconferencing equipment including but not limited to video cameras, video projection, and videoconferencing.Ability to manage a variety of simultaneous projects within tight deadlines, excellent organizational and time management skills.Excellent interpersonal skills, mature judgment, and diplomacy required to interact effectively with and provide customer service to a broad audience.Ability to work independently as well as effectively in a collaborative team environment.Ability to resolve issues quickly and make decisions that meet university objectives, in a collaborative culture.Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Preferred: ITIL Foundations v3 certification and/or training.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a California Non-commercial Class license.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.Frequently sitting, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, bending, lifting, standing, and carrying equipment.Occasionally lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 21-40 pounds.Kneel/crawl, climb (ladders, scaffolds, or other), writing by hand, soft/file paperwork or parts, grasp forcefully.
- On-Call Rotation. May work extended hours including evenings and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills- demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.Promote Culture of Safety- demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety. Communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4732
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: H
- Requisition ID: 88979