Catering Staff (Part-time, flexible)
Category:: Dining Services
Locations:: Pella, IA
Posted:: Mar 31, 2021
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Position ID:: 129593
About Central College:
Founded in 1853, Central College of Pella, Iowa, is a private, residential four-year liberal arts college known for its academic rigor and strength in global experiential learning, STEM (science, technology, engineering and math), sustainability education, athletics success and tradition, and leadership and service. Central continues to value its long-standing relationship with the Reformed Church in America that began in 1916. The college participates in NCAA Division III athletics and is a member of the American Rivers Conference. Central is an active part of the Greater Des Moines region and just two minutes from Lake Red Rock, Iowa's largest lake.
Responsible to the Catering Manager and Senior Catering Events Coordinators for various support duties, including organizing, cleanup of catering equipment and areas. This position assists with events on Central's campus as well as other local events. This position fills in on an as-needed basis. No set schedule. Hours vary according to Catering needs.
This position fills in on an as-needed basis. No set schedule. Hours vary according to business needs.
1. Organize catering staging areas
2. Clean carts and chafing racks involved in catering events.
3. Keep catering vehicles clean inside and out.
4. Help with catering event set up and clean up.
5. Help with special events in the Central Market.
6. Display a clean and neat appearance and pleasant attitude.
7. Consistently demonstrates a positive attitude.
8. Must be open and adaptable to change.
9. Must work cooperatively and respectfully with the people you work with
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Wage dependent on experience/qualifications.
- Must be 16 years or older
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Must be willing and available to work evenings and weekends.
Central College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and a drug-free and smoke-free campus.
Post offer employment background check and pre-work physical may be conducted.
Contact [email protected] or 641-628-5199 with questions about the application process.