Catering-Bartender/Supervisor (Part-time, flexible)
Category:: Dining Services
Locations:: Pella, IA
Posted:: Mar 31, 2021
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Position ID:: 129594
About Central College:
Founded in 1853, Central College of Pella, Iowa, is a private, residential four-year liberal arts college known for its academic rigor and strength in global experiential learning, STEM (science, technology, engineering and math), sustainability education, athletics success and tradition, and leadership and service. Central continues to value its long-standing relationship with the Reformed Church in America that began in 1916. The college participates in NCAA Division III athletics and is a member of the American Rivers Conference. Central is an active part of the Greater Des Moines region and just two minutes from Lake Red Rock, Iowa's largest lake.
Responsible to the Catering Manager and Senior Catering Events Coordinators for various support duties, including organizing, cleanup of catering equipment and areas. This position assists with events on Central's campus as well as other local events. This position fills in on an as-needed basis. No set schedule. Hours vary according to Catering needs.
This position fills in on an as-needed basis. No set schedule. Hours vary according to business needs.
- Organize catering staging areas
- Clean carts and chafing racks involved in catering events.
- Keep catering vehicles clean inside and out.
- Help with catering event set up and clean up.
- Help with special events in the Central Market.
- Display a clean and neat appearance and pleasant attitude.
- Consistently demonstrates a positive attitude.
- Must be open and adaptable to change.
- Must work cooperatively and respectfully with the people you work with.
- Assist with leading and supervising catering events.
- Perform bartending duties at events.
- Utilize Dining Services fleet vehicles to transport necessary goods to catering events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wage dependent on experience/qualifications.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Six months effective dining service & catering experience.
- Ability to lift, pull, and/or push up to 50 pounds, stand and/or walk for sustained periods of time.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be willing and available to work evenings and weekends.
- ServSafe Sanitation Certification required or willing to take the training class when offered.
Central College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and a drug-free and smoke-free campus.
Post offer employment background check and pre-work physical may be conducted.
Contact [email protected] or 641-628-5156 with questions about the application process.