Category:: Dining Services
Department:: Dining Services
Locations:: Pella, IA
Posted:: Mar 31, 2021
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Position ID:: 129591
About Central College:
Founded in 1853, Central College of Pella, Iowa, is a private, residential four-year liberal arts college known for its academic rigor and strength in global experiential learning, STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math), sustainability education, athletics success, and tradition, and leadership and service. Central continues to value its long-standing relationship with the Reformed Church in America. The college participates in NCAA Division III athletics and is a member of the American Rivers Conference. Central is an active part of the Greater Des Moines region and just minutes from Lake Red Rock, Iowa's largest lake.
Responsible to the Director of Food Service for managing catering events. This includes but not limited to employee supervision, event coordination, sales, and menu planning.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Guide customers through the whole process of planning the catering for their event.
- Hire, schedule and train staff for catering events.
- Assist Senior Events Coordinator with work study and high school students scheduling and training.
- Supervise kitchen operations for events.
- Work with kitchen staff on developing recipes.
- Assist in writing the menu.
- Assist catering coordinators and kitchen staff w/ extra work when necessary
- Develop cleaning schedules and procedures.
- Collaborate with the Operations Manager on invoicing, accounts receivable and financial reports.
- Develop and maintain marketing strategies through email, social media etc.
- Assist with Central Market, Fred's or Café events when necessary.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Requires the ability to be flexible and adaptable to change
- Shift hours may vary, including evenings, weekends, and college closure periods.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, in food service or related field, plus a minimum of 2 years effective experience preferred.
- Ability to lift, pull or push up to 50 pounds and have a valid driver's license.
Central College is an equal opportunity employer and a drug/tobacco free workplace.
Apply online at www.central.edu/job-seekers.