Job no: 495116
Work type: Regular Full-Time
Location: Stratford, New Jersey
Categories: Facilities - Maintenance
Under the direction of the Supervisor, performs a variety of maintenance repairs and installation/replacement on machinery, mechanical equipment, carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing, HVAC/R and painting. Responds and takes action on all skilled trade calls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operates, maintains, repairs and installs machinery, plumbing fixtures, simple HVAC/R controls, as well as varied tasks including painting, carpentry and electric.
- Responds to trouble calls and requests within the facilities using hand tools, power tools, analyzing equipment and testing requirements.
- Performs routine building maintenance and inspections on mechanical equipment and related facility systems.
- Performs routine building maintenance and inspections on plumbing, electrical, HVAC/R and related facility systems.
- Performs routine building maintenance and inspections in the areas of carpentry, painting and general repair.
- Prepares, maintains and submits to the Supervisor, Maintenance and Construction, requisitions for materials, work orders, required records and reports pertaining to facility equipment/systems.
- Maintains daily work orders and information pertaining to work performed and time spent.
- Responds to emergency calls and determines what correction action must be taken to limit damage to facilities and equipment and assures the maintenance of a safe environment when assigned to shifts. Records in accordance with standards all activity, and provides notice to the Supervisor of any situations that disrupts operations and/or compromises safety.
- Requisitions, stores, safeguards and properly uses electrical equipment, materials and supplies.
- Keeps work areas clean and orderly.
- Performs other facility related duties as required, which may include, but are not limited to, snow removal and/or other related facility duties.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Understands and adheres to all applicable Rowan SOM compliance standards as they appear in all relevant corporate compliance, code of conduct, and conflict of interest policies.
- Interacts with persons of all ages in a diverse, multicultural environment with respect and consideration.
- Performs final check and clean up at end of shift.
- Performance must exhibit good customer service skills and teambuilding by cultivating and maintaining rapport with customers and co-workers.
- Presents a clean uniform appearance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Technical school diploma or an equivalent level of knowledge plus two (2) years of experience in the fields of electrical, plumbing, HVAC/R, carpentry, painting and/or general maintenance in an industrial, education and/or healthcare setting. Ability to perform minor repairs to all skilled trades including mechanical equipment/systems, HVAC/R, electrical, plumbing, and fire alarm systems. Valid Driver's License. New Jersey Black Seal Engineer's License is preferred.
Position requires the individual to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and climb or balance up to 2/3 of the time; to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, to talk or hear and to taste or smell less than 1/3 of the time; to lift a weight or exert force from 10 to 25 pounds up to 2/3 of the time, from 50 pounds to over 100 pounds less than 1/3 of the time. Ability to perform physical labor without restrictions, including lifting equipment in excess of fifty (50) pounds, performing work on roofs, scaffolding and ladders. The position requires close, distance and color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception as well as the ability to adjust focus
The individual in this position may be exposed to environmental conditions such as wet or humid conditions (non-weather), work near moving mechanical parts, work in high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, extreme heat or cold (non-weather), risk of electrical shock, and vibration up to 2/3 of the time; the risk of radiation less than 1/3 of the time. Moderate noise is typical for the work environment of this job.
SALARY: Minimum is $20.16/hour
NOTE: Only completed, online applications submitted on or before the deadline will be considered.
Advertised: Mar 31 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Apr 14 2021 11:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time