Mechanical Systems Mechanic II
Job no: 495115
Work type: Regular Full-Time
Location: Stratford, New Jersey
Categories: Facilities - Maintenance
Under direction of the Supervisor of Maintenance and Construction, operates, maintains, repairs, installs and replaces machinery and mechanical equipment using diagrams, sketches, operation manuals or manufacturer’s specifications. Directs other mechanics and helpers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Install, adjust, repair, operate, maintain specialized and complex machinery such as pumps, compressors, air-moving equipment, motor heat exchanges, valves, regulator pneumatic system, wheeled equipment, O.R. tables, sterilizer, etc.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts using hand power tools and precision measuring and testing instruments. Fabricates new or replacement parts if required. Initiates orders for parts and machines.
- Read instruments and gauges on machines and equipment. Record temperatures, pressures and other measures in order to ensure safe and proper functioning of machines and equipment.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Analyzes situations requiring the modification or repair of equipment of facilities and makes recommendations.
- When assigned to shifts will respond to emergency calls and determines what corrective action must be taken to prevent further damage to equipment, the facility or to prevent personnel injury. Will make necessary emergency repairs to all malfunctioning refrigeration, plumbing, electrical and HVAC equipment.
- May assign, coordinate and inspect work performed by mechanics or helpers.
- Completes daily activity reports which include assignments and hours spent in completion.
- Understands and adheres to all applicable Rowan SOM compliance standards as they appear in all relevant corporate compliance, code of conduct, and conflict of interest policies.
- Requisitions, stores, safeguards and properly uses electrical equipment, materials and supplies.
- Interacts with persons of all ages in a diverse, multicultural environment with respect and consideration.
- Attends training sessions as required.
- Performs final check and clean up at the end of each shift.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Performs other Facility related duties as required, which may include, but are not limited to, snow removal and/or other related facility duties.
- Performance must exhibit good customer service skills and teambuilding by cultivating and maintaining rapport with customers and co-workers.
- Presents a clean uniform appearance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Technical school diploma or equivalent level of knowledge plus three (3) years progressively more responsible experience in machine operation and repairs in the following areas: refrigeration, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and fire alarm systems. Must have valid driver’s license. New Jersey Black Seal Engineer’s License preferred.
Position requires the individual to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and climb or balance up to 2/3 of the time; to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, to talk or hear and to taste or smell less than 1/3 of the time; to lift a weight or exert force from 10 to 25 pounds up to 2/3 of the time, from 50 pounds to over 100 pounds less than 1/3 of the time. Ability to perform physical labor without restrictions, including lifting equipment in excess of fifty (50) pounds, performing work on roofs, scaffolding and ladders. The position requires close, distance and color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception as well as the ability to adjust focus.
The individual in this position may be exposed to environmental conditions such as wet or humid conditions (non-weather), work near moving mechanical parts, work in high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, extreme heat or cold (non-weather), risk of electrical shock, and vibration up to 2/3 of the time; to risk of radiation less than 1/3 of the time. Moderate noise is typical for the work environment of this job.
SALARY: Minimum is $25.03/hour
NOTE: Only completed, online applications submitted on or before the deadline will be considered.
Advertised: Mar 31 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Apr 14 2021 11:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time