Coordinator - Community Engagement (23268)
Job DetailsLevel UndisclosedJob Location Main Campus - Edmond, OKRemote Type N/APosition Type StaffEducation Level UndisclosedSalary Range $34,798.00 - $34,798.00 Salary/yearTravel Percentage UndisclosedJob Shift UndisclosedJob Category UndisclosedDescription Position Overview:Coordinates and executes specific activities, programs, and services for students, organizations, leadership programs and other campus programs and events. Provide information and resources for students, parents, and University staff related to campus programs and service opportunities. Participate in program development and make recommendations for improvement. Prepare and review expenditures related to department and fee-funded group budgets. Oversee student employees and volunteers. Promote safety and compliance in activities. Department Specific Essential Job Functions: The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Manages logistics, publicity, development, and recruitment for Community Engagement service events including, but not limited to: 9/11 Day of Remembrance and Service, MLK Day of Service, Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon Day, Volunteer Fairs, Broncho Rally, Civic and Voter Engagement Initiatives, and other events/programs as assignedAdvises UCO Alternative Breaks including training student and staff leaders, attending meetings, managing the budgets, assisting in coordination of all aspects of the Weekend, Fall, and Spring Break experiences, and serving as a contact for Breakaway. Advises President’s Club Children’s Christmas Party by guiding the coordination of all aspects of the event, overseeing the recruitment, selection, and development of executive team members, attending meetings, managing the budgets, and serving as a liaison with Edmond Public SchoolsAssists in the management of the Central Pantry (on-campus food pantry) through supervision of the Central Pantry student interns, facilitating volunteer recruitment and maintenance, client services, and inventory controlSupports the mission of the office through:
- Building connections with community agencies
- Recruiting student and campus volunteers to serve with community partners, with campus service events, and other office programs through presentations and campus marketing
- Maintaining consistent communication with students, faculty, staff, and campus and community constituents about service opportunities and community needs
- Promoting and guiding students through the use of the UCORE service system used for finding and logging service hours
- Executing service hour tracking processes for individuals, student organizations, service reporting, and award application needs
- On- and Off-Campus Volunteer Opportunities: Community Engagement can match individuals with community opportunities or agencies based on their interests and provides numerous opportunities to volunteer at and support on-campus UCO events;Faculty Support for Service-Learning Partnerships and Projects: Community Engagement, along with the Service-Learning Advisory Board, provides support for faculty members as they build service-learning projects into their curriculum, by providing the connection to community partners and nonprofit organizations that are in search of assistance;Service Hour Tracking and Records: Community Engagement can help track and verify all service hours and provide a full record of all service completed while at UCO; and, Services and Resources: Community Engagement provides services and resources designed to positively impact student success and retention at Central, including the Central Pantry, Off-Campus Living Resources and much more.