Administrative Assistant 2 - Music (21758)
Job DetailsLevel EntryJob Location Main Campus - Edmond, OKPosition Type StaffSalary Range $12.57 - $12.57 HourlyTravel Percentage NoneJob Shift DayDescription
Position Overview:Performs general administrative and office support activities; may support faculty, professionals, or a team. Performs word processing and data entry. Maintains file system and department or customer records. Prepares reports and presentation materials and makes copies. Receives and responds to correspondence, manages multi-line telephone system, and may manage department email inbox. Receives and directs visitors and may perform customer service related duties. Sets up for meetings and events, books appointments, manages calendars and/or event spaces. Makes travel arrangements, orders and maintains an inventory of supplies, and makes purchases/complete requisitions. Generates basic reports, transcribes minutes from meetings, and conducts general research. May handle confidential information. Department Specific Essential Job Functions:
- Provides secretarial and administrative support for one or several department professionals or offices.
- Is responsible for the functioning of an office or department.
- Initiates and handles correspondence relating to a department or program.
- Performs a variety of sorting and filing tasks; answers the phone, takes messages, and disseminates information;
- Opens, sorts, distributes, collects, and delivers mail;
- Performs a number of tasks such as posting and recording data.
- Produces documents of various levels of complexity, ranging from plain copy typing to the manipulation of data to create presentations.
- May make contacts of a sensitive, complex, and confidential nature.
- Is responsible for providing various services to customers such as assisting customers in securing needed information and documents.
- Manages SOM Master Calendar
- Plans Events and Meetings.
- Schedules Music Building Rooms.
- Schedules and Books Music performance venues (Music Building, Radke Fine Arts Theatre, Recital Hall, maintains the rental contracts, etc.)
- Organizes equipment moves for School of Music events.
- Maintains instrument inventory list for insurance coverage purposes.
- Checks out and returns instruments for students.
- Tracks maintenance of instruments owned by the UCO School of Music and sends for repair.
- Collects syllabi, CVs, and door schedules from School of Music faculty and files/posts/renames as needed to be in compliance with university record-keeping.
- Maintains departmental student records (scanned into database)
- Supervises and schedules student workers and stage hands.
- Does hiring paperwork and contracts for student workers.
- Serves as the Music Building Captain.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Assists with concerts and events for the School of Music as needed (only on rare occasions).
- Administrates Central Community Music School (there is an additional stipend for this work)