Work Study Student Campus Information and Visitor Services
Job Title: Work Study Student Campus Information and Visitor Services
Location: Clayton State University
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 225532
Located 15 miles southeast of downtown Atlanta, Clayton State University offers employees a diverse environment which fosters both professional and personal development. The university is committed to cultivating an environment of engaged, experienced-based learning, enriched by active community service. Clayton State offers multiple Bachelor and Master Degree programs which currently enrolls over 6,900 students in challenging campus and on-line courses.
The campus is situated just 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta on 214 beautiful acres, making access to the metropolitan area a breeze. We’ve been named a Top Workplace in Atlanta by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution for six consecutive years. And we also were named one of 79 higher education institutions across the nation in The Chronicle of Higher Education’s list of 2017 Great Colleges to Work For.
Must be a currently enrolled Clayton State student and eligible for work-study
This position requires a self-motivated individual who has a positive and helpful personality, excellent listening skills, and a clear, understandable, and grammatically correct speaking voice. Student information assistants must have solid presentation skills, have the ability and willingness to learn independently and in groups, retain information, remain organized and multitask, pay attention to detail, have the desire to help people, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Each student information assistant must be able to work independently and within a team, take initiative, have a positive and professional attitude, and must have a commitment to work with people from widely diverse backgrounds. Commitment, dedication, reliability, punctuality, integrity, and competency with computers and web sites are essential.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Greet students, faculty, staff, visitors, and community members in a friendly and inviting manner.
2. Provide a high level of customer service.
3. Answer and transfer calls to the requested department or person.
4. Share information on all aspects of Clayton State including event information, handouts about the university, academic programs, and directions to campus.
5. Use available manuals, websites, and database resources to share directory information; hours of operation; information about departments and services; events on the campuses; and events in the building.
6. Learn Clayton State’s history, traditions, campus lore, and keep up-to-date on information, and always dispense timely, accurate information.
7. Assist with special projects, follow instructions, and meet deadlines.
8. Keep the desk and immediate area clean and organized.
9. Assist with maintaining and sharing maps, brochures, and flyers.
10. Inform the director when the supply of printed information (brochures, maps, etc) runs low.
11. Keep printed information stocked and tidy.
12. Make recommendations and give feedback to enhance the department.
13. Cross-train to work at multiple campus locations.
14. Assist with making remote calls to students and record detailed comments, inquiries, complaints, and actions taken.
15. Be available to make meal deliveries to students living in campus residences who have been placed on quarantine or isolation.
16. The student must be able to work independently and within a team, take initiative, have a professional attitude, and must have a commitment to work with people from a wide array of backgrounds.
17. Complete call notes and call reports as necessary and update the data server.
Wear issued uniform shirts, ties, scarves, and/or jackets appropriate for current weather and events and must provide on their required foot ware and pants/skirts.
Working with University Information is a rewarding experience! We care about your academic and career success. We offer a friendly, flexible, professional, and collaborative environment. Your professional skills in public relations, interpersonal communication, problem-solving, organization, attention to detail, customer service, computer research, and multitasking will be used and enhanced. These various skills are what your future employers want. Our goal is for each student employee to:
- Love what you do with us and learn new skills.
- Evolve for growth and embrace change.
- Anticipate needs and assess expectations.
- Dare to be distinct and do something extraordinary.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Clayton State University, as determined by Clayton State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Clayton State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Clayton State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Clayton State University Office of Human Resources at (678) 466-4230. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at: (678) 466-5445.