Work Study Student CDC Program Management
Job Title: Work Study Student CDC Program Management
Location: Clayton State University
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 225522
Located 15 miles southeast of downtown Atlanta, Clayton State University offers employees a diverse environment which fosters both professional and personal development. The university is committed to cultivating an environment of engaged, experienced-based learning, enriched by active community service. Clayton State offers multiple Bachelor and Master Degree programs which currently enrolls over 6,900 students in challenging campus and on-line courses.
The campus is situated just 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta on 214 beautiful acres, making access to the metropolitan area a breeze. We’ve been named a Top Workplace in Atlanta by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution for six consecutive years. And we also were named one of 79 higher education institutions across the nation in The Chronicle of Higher Education’s list of 2017 Great Colleges to Work For.
THIS POSITION IS ONLY FOR CURRENTLY ENROLLED CLAYTON STATE STUDENTS WHO QUALIFY FOR FEDERAL WORK STUDY! YOU MUST CHECK WITH FINANCIAL AID TO SEE IF YOU QUALIFY.
The Epidemiology Research and Innovations Branch (ERIB), DHQP, CDC leads public health scientific research and evaluation to address knowledge gaps essential to the prevention of healthcare-associated infections and other adverse events. ERIB is responsible for the management of multiple extramural programs. ERIB is requesting a program assistant to support activities relating to ERIB’s work within DHQP. The candidate will be trained in public health program planning, management, and improvement. The candidate will gain valuable experience in the development and implementation of research programs that focus on healthcare-associated infections.
The selected individual’s responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the coordination and development of program meetings and activities
- Developing and implementing a document management process where information can be created, shared, organized, and stored efficiently and appropriately developing reports to track awardee programmatic requests and approvals
- Supporting the coordination of pre-award award and post-award management activities, including tracking notice of awards, prior approval requests, data management plans, progress reports, and invoicing
- Developing and managing a database with multiple inputs
- Assisting with program evaluation data entry and analysis
- Providing other support duties as needed
- The candidate will collaborate with CDC staff on various projects in the division e.g. SHEPheRD, Prevention Epicenters Program, and Emerging Infections Program. The CDC mentor will teach the candidate how to increase the efficiency and delivery of public health research programs. Applicants with an interest in public health program management with skills in database management are preferred.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Clayton State University, as determined by Clayton State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Clayton State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Clayton State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Clayton State University Office of Human Resources at (678) 466-4230. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at: (678) 466-5445.