Laboratory Research Assistant
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is currently recruiting for a Laboratory Research Assistant. The Laboratory Research Assistant is responsible for performing research activities in a laboratory setting.
- Experiments in mice that require intraperitoneal injections, xenograft induction by subcutaneous injection of cells, blood collection via the retroorbital vein.
- Performs laboratory research activities including Flow Cytometry analysis, PCR, Western blot.
- Prepares scientific data analyses, illustrations, journal articles, and grant proposals.
- Compile and may analyze research data using various relevant computer software applications.
- Assist with literature research, editing and preparing manuscripts, scientific illustrations, and computer graphics for publication.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors in Biology, Chemistry or in a field of study related to the research of the laboratory.Other: May consider a combination of directly related experience and education.Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience. UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy If you need a reasonable accommodation for a disability, for any part of the employment process, please contact us at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: School of Medicine - Institute of Human Virology
Job Posting: Mar 30, 2021
Unposting Date: Apr 13, 2021, 10:59:00 PM