Sponsor Funded Professional - Project Coordinator
The Georgia Health Policy Center, established in 1995, integrates research, policy, and programs to advance health and well-being. The center conducts, analyzes, and disseminates qualitative and quantitative findings to connect decision-makers with the objective research and guidance needed to make informed decisions about health policy and programs. Today the center is at work in more than 220 communities in all 50 states, helping our nation to improve health status. In 2017, the GHPC added a global portfolio, including work in Nigeria, Sudan, Kenya, and Ireland.
- Project meeting coordination: Schedules meetings with stakeholders and teams, coordinate high-level and complex project meetings (e.g., national advisory committees, national special interest groups)
- Assist with vendor management and contract negotiations to meet project deliverables
- Project travel: Arranges and manages domestic and international travel for project team members, community sites, and national advisory committees
- Project budget coordination and monitoring: Tracks expenditure requests and payments to consultants and subcontractors, and prepares documentation needed for invoicing
- Provides background research related to proposal development and project support
- Coordinates the request for information from stakeholders, elected officials, etc.
- Manages student assistants assigned to sponsored funded projects
- Monitors projects for compliance with funder reporting requirements
- Knowledge of general health policy
- Knowledge of computers software packages
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Effective supervisory skills
- Ability to multitask and problem solve
- Ability to support multiple team members
- Bachelor's degree and two years of related experience; or high school diploma or GED and six years of related experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
- It is expected that the candidate will have knowledge and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- The ability to provide excellent customer service to internal and external clients is a must.
- The ideal candidate must also have effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- The ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment is a must.
- Limited in-state and national travel required.
Open until filled
College/Business Unit: Andrew Young School of Policy Studies
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 03/31/21, 1:59:12 PM