To be considered for this position, please complete the cover letter form in the application process.
Job ID: 2021-12584
# of Openings: 1
Category: Academic Administration
The Undergraduate Administrator supports the Spanish and Portuguese Department in its mission to help Princeton students flourish as global citizens, ready to face the challenges posed by an increasingly cosmopolitan and multilingual professional world. This position provides a high level of support to the Director of Undergraduate Studies in the leadership of the program for our concentrators and certificate students, and handles all the logistics of our course offerings, including two language programs.
Manages the Spanish and Portuguese undergraduate program for concentrators and certificate students.
- Oversees policies and procedures; tracks progress.
- Coordinates undergraduate program activities (academic expo/sophomore open house/class day).
- Administers student research funds in SAFE.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years related work experience
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and interact effectively with a broad range of people
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent computer skills and demonstrated ability and willingness to learn new systems quickly and use technology effectively
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work independently and within a team environment
- The ability to exercise discretion and respect confidentiality
- Understanding and appreciation of diverse cultures
- Proficiency in Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Experience in a university setting
- Knowledge of Princeton University business systems such as PeopleSoft, SAFE, and Concur