Assistant Professor - Aerospace/Aviation
Position Information: DescriptionThe Department of Aviation at the University of North Dakota is seeking qualified applicants for three 9-month, non-tenure track, faculty positions at the rank of Assistant Professor. Anticipated start date for these positions is August 1, 2021. Duties & Responsibilities
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching various aviation courses (4/4 course load) at both the undergraduate and graduate (doctoral degree required) levels.Teaching various air traffic, safety, management and flight related courses (if qualified).Advising students on academic and career aspirations.Serving on departmental, college and university committees, as assigned.Supervising students conducting scholarly activities.
- Ability to teach and develop a broad array of aviation courses at the undergraduate and graduate (if qualified) level.
- Master’s Degree in Aviation or Related field.1 year of professional experience in Aviation Management, Operations, Corporate/General Aviation or Airport Operations, Unmanned Aircraft Systems or Safety Management Systems.Successful completion of a Criminal History Background Check.
- Ph.D., Ed.D. or J.D. degree.Evidence of established record of successful, collegiate-level classroom teaching in aviation.
- Curriculum vitae.Statement of professional goals.Names and addresses of at least three professional references.