This position is to serve as Program Manager, providing human resource services for the University of North Dakota to the USDA/ARS/GF Human Nutrition Research Center (HNRC) and within the Division of VPRED.Duties & Responsibilities
- Direct the daily operations of the sponsored agreements between UND and the GFHNRC
- Work with the Research Division staff to evaluate, negotiate, and implement new agreement(s) between the University of North Dakota and the USDA/ARS/GFHNRC.
- Communicate with the Federal Center Director and Administrative Officer, as well as UND Grants & Contracts Administration Office personnel to resolve actual and potential contract issues.
- Participate as an appointee to various UND committees, and attend other meetings as requested.
- Coordinate business activities of the GFHNRC with various University departments as needed.
- Supervision of seven regular University staff employees located at the GFHNRC.
- Coordinate payroll functions for all HNRC University employees and the Division of VPRED, ensuring accurate and timely reporting. Audit and submit hourly time sheets for all part-time students and/or temporary employees using TLAB. Run and audit bi-monthly Pay Register and HE Actual reports bi-monthly.
- In partnership with and under guidance from Human Resources, initiate, direct, and document employee disciplinary actions as necessary and in accordance with all related University personnel policies, procedures, and affirmative action guidelines.
- Administer the human resource, payroll functions within Division of VPRED
Provide eVerify site services for new hiresEnsure compliance with all related University policies, procedures, and affirmative action guidelines.Assist with completing Position Descriptions to fill new and/or vacant positions.Prepare position funding forms as needed.
- Assist with the recruitment and selection process for University employees within VPRED Division using Recruiting Solutions. Schedule interviews and complete hiring process.
- Prepare HR/Payroll forms, such as position request change, compensation review, request to recruit, job data change, add pays, etc. as needed.
- Assist with the employee performance appraisal system, ensuring that accurate performance standards are developed and maintained for each employee. Act as a liaison to HR in regards to personnel advice, guidance, and assistance to department supervisors, employees, and federal coordinators as necessary.
- Assist with preparing and submitting the budgets for sponsored agreements in compliance with all USDA and University guidelines.Ensure timely submission of budgets for both the USDA and UND, following established University procedures for securing budget approvals.Review and approve all expenditures on the sponsored agreements for compliance with contract specifications, sufficiency of funding, and proper completion of documentation.Prepare budget information as necessary for the completion of task orders and assist in routing orders to the proper officials for approvals.Assist with budget planning and input of annual budget. Run HE Actual reports bi-monthly and finance reports as needed or requested.Monitor salary and operating expenditures and prepare monthly summary reports for all funds (PI Report).Send accounts payable invoices electronically to Procurement & Payment Services and process payments in Perceptive Content.Submit for or assist employee with travel reimbursements in the PeopleSoft Travel & Expense system.Process purchasing card expenses to include processing monthly statements through Procurement & Payment Services and processing Journal Vouchers to change fund numbers as needed.
- Provide direction for all UND department supervisors at the GFHNRC as necessary to ensure completion of Federal work orders and requests according to specified contract and research guidelines within established time schedules.Meet as needed to facilitate information exchange and track departmental progress towards overall goals and objectives.Participate in Federal committees and meetings to facilitate the completion of contract activities.
- Accurately complete all reporting forms required by the Federal contracts within established deadlines.Prepare strategic planning documents for the University and work with UND officials to ensure completion of goals and objectives as requested.Maintain an up-to-date procedural manual for each responsibility within the HNRC Coordinator’s position for annual review
- Critical analyses abilities and be a problem solver who can think outside the box and deliver solutions to complex problems.
- Detail oriented, and accurate.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills, be self-motivated, and have demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines and to work with diverse populations.
- Function independently as well as part of a team.
- Possess maturity to handle confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Knowledge of biomedical sciences.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three or more years of experience in the areas of personnel administration, budget administration, or general financial administration
- Supervisory experience
- Experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Successful completion of criminal history records check.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.Preferred Qualifications
- Experience working in a university setting
- Experience working with UND’s policies and procedures
- Experience working with Recruiting Solutions, PeopleSoft HRMS, Perceptive Content, Jaggaer
45,000 annually, exempt, full-time, benefitedWork Schedule/Start Date
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pmBenefits
Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.To Apply
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 11:59PM on the closing date.Additional Information
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out Grand Forks is Cooler.
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EO/Title IX for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.Confidentiality of Application Materials
Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.EEO Statement
The University of North Dakota is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or other protected characteristic. Women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status as part of the application process. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.Veteran’s Preference
Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 or NGB 22 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.Clery Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at UND.edu. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND, 58202.