Projects & Events Coordinator
- Plan, coordinate, and implement UND VPRED events, outreach, and activities.
- Organize and participate in planing meetings and develop timelines.
- Serve as a front-line contact person for event participants, the campus community, and the general public. Provide direct assistance and front-line support for UND VPRED events and activities.
- Develop positive working relationships with constituent groups and participants.
- Work at pre-scheduled events held outside of normal office hours.
- Track and update information on event websites.
- Measure effectiveness of events using quantitative and anecdotal data
- Develop and maintain working relationships with internal and external planning partners.
- When appropriate, conduct post-event reviews and document information for future use.
- Oversee the work of administrative support staff and student employees in the management of databases, spreadsheets, and event-related documents used to support each activity.
- Work closely with members of the UND community. Work directly with other UND departments to request and oversee that needed services are provided and that UND and State policies and procedures are followed.
- VPRED Websites, Social Media Accounts and Project Management Software
- Assist with timely social media postings and VPRED, RIAS, CDRC website updates.
- Website maintenance for VPRED, RIAS, CDRC and CRCS Websites
- Work collaboratively to refine social media strategy and messaging guidelines.
- Make updates to RIAS Project Management Software (Monday.com)
- Assist in planning and implementation of UND special projects and assignments.
- Assist with project coordination by providing hands-on assistance in all phases of project development, planning, implementation, and review.
- Conduct research related to UND research and industry best practices for producing informational material and/or event themes.
- Work with VPRED staff, other project-related service providers and vendors to coordinate and implement project communication or work timelines.
- Assist in developing and following project timelines.
- Aid in identifying potential opportunities to develop mutually beneficial relationships with corporate partners.
- Internal/External Communications Review, Graphics, and Promotional Materials
- Work with a group of creative experts to foster a creative, collaborative, and energized work environment and provide content required to promote VPRED activities and events.
- Review, edit, and provide information/content for promotion of research activities and communications.
- Review, edit and update all electronic and print informational materials related to the position.
- Other duties as assigned
- As a UND employee, it is expected to treat one another and the public in a cordial, civil and respectful manner and at all times, practice the principles of honesty, respect, integrity and trust in order to respect the diversity of all peoples; communicate in a professional, positive and respectful manner; and exhibit ethical behavior.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Work respectfully with University faculty, staff and external partners.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and critical analyses abilities.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Successful ability to multi-task with attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong writing and editing skills to quickly produce clear and concise standard documents for internal and external publication.
- Ability to analyze and select pertinent facts and integrate them into print, web, and social media communication vehicles.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team while also performing tasks independently.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years of professional work experience with event promotion and marketing.
- Professional work experience with project coordination.
- Strong work experience with Adobe Creative Suites.
- Experience with website management and social media trends.
- Experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Successful completion of criminal history records check.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.Preferred Qualifications
- Experience working with project management tools and technology, including Qualtrics, OmniUpdate, and WordPress
$40,000 annual, exempt, full-time, benefitedWork Schedule/Start Date
Monday - Friday 8:00am-4:30pmBenefits
Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.To Apply
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 11:59PM on the closing date.Additional Information
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out Grand Forks is Cooler.
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EO/Title IX for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.Confidentiality of Application Materials
Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.EEO Statement
The University of North Dakota is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or other protected characteristic. Women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status as part of the application process. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.Veteran’s Preference
Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 or NGB 22 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.Clery Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at UND.edu. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND, 58202.