Assistant Director of Annual and Special Giving
Job Identification: 33
Locations: 1 E. Jackson Blvd, Chicago, IL, 60604, US
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Advancement
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded, and hard-working professionals to work in a real-world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Annual Giving Operations:
- Plan, organize, and manage the solicitation schedules for direct mail and email outreach, including solicitation and stewardship
- Under the direction of the Director of Annual and Special Giving, develop and/or refresh materials for all aspects (direct mail, e-mail, social media, other) of the various fundraising initiatives facilitated by Annual and Special Giving.
- Work with vendors, research on-line tools and developments, and act as the primary contact for direct marketing fundraising facilitated by Annual and Special Giving.
Annual Giving Implementation:
- Write direct marketing campaign appeals and solicitations and work closely with the Alumni Communications team to review and edit appeals.
- Write annual giving stewardship pieces and work closely with the Alumni Communications team to review and edit.
- Manage segmentation for comprehensive fundraising appeals for Annual Giving programs.
- Assist with management of internal and external direct marketing projects (giving days, etc).
- Benchmark against prior giving initiatives and implement strategic changes for the various school-based and general fundraising initiatives.
Reporting & Analytics – annual giving:
- Lead reporting efforts that pertain to direct marketing and, using past data, develop strategies for future efforts.
- Support annual and special giving reporting efforts and assist in analysis and strategic planning based on results.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and experience.
- 1-3 years of fundraising experience.
- Strong persuasive writing skills (writing samples will be requested).
- 1-3 years of higher education fundraising experience.
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.