Reporting to the Principal Investigator, the Project Manager work directly with the Principal Investigator and Senior Research Associate to ensure that all aspects of each grant project are met. The incumbent will lead the ongoing management of the core components of all Principal Investigator’s Research projects. This work is including, but not limited to strategic planning to meet program goals, managing timelines and communication processes, supporting budget management, and ensuring that all project activities remain in budget and within the scope. This position is responsible for the completion of contracts, purchase orders, staffing, payroll, etc.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Project management experience, Supervisory experience, Familiarity with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills & Abilities:
* Proven working experience in Project Management
* Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Support managing Principal Investigator communication and calendar
* Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft OfficeThis is a grant funded position.Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu. Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: https://safety.temple.edu/reports-logs/annual-security-reportYou may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University’s Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.
Primary Location: Pennsylvania-Philadelphia-Main Campus-Ritter Annex
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular