Assistant Director, Market Readiness & Employment, School of Business
Job location: Winston Salem, NC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-03-30
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
The Wake Forest University School of Business seeks a dynamic career development professional who will provide comprehensive and exemplary career coaching support with the goal of ensuring every student is career ready by developing the professional competencies to secure a desirable first-destination job by graduation. The Assistant Director will work primarily with students from the Undergraduate Business programs, specifically in Accounting and Finance. This position will also support students in the Master of Science in Accountancy.Job Description
- Provides consistent and high quality career coaching (1:1 and/or group) experiences to help students successfully navigate their job search process through innovative career programs, career exploration techniques, strength/interest assessments, job search action plan development, resume and cover letter critiquing, interview preparation, professional decision-making strategies, and salary negotiations.
- Engages and builds relationships with external markets including employers, alumni, and industry professionals to hire and mentor students as well as assess and implement coaching best practices.
- Collaborates with alumni relations, advancement, faculty and staff for strategic planning/alignment and to deliver innovative and customized career-related events, programs, and other market readiness and employment resources to prepare students across pre-experience programs for post graduate opportunities.
- Supports program-wide goals including student enrollment and first destination outcomes as well as student sentiment/satisfaction.
- Maintains a high knowledge rate of student caseload, monitors and tracks all student activity ensuring consistent and comprehensive reporting for all stakeholders.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience working in a goal-oriented environment with demonstrated success in achieving desired outcomes
- Familiarity with Careers in Finance, including investment banking, sales and trading, asset management, and private equity
- Ability to thrive in a data-driven culture and demonstrate analytical capabilities to quantify reports and promote student academic competency, achievements, and first destination outcomes
- Knowledge of program-related markets including employment and hiring trends and experience developing relevant career education programming.
- Preferred experience managing and developing corporate relationships for hiring and mentoring
- Experience coaching and supporting students for personal and/or professional development and guiding them to achieve their individual goals.
- Ability to coach and foster genuine relationships with students from diverse backgrounds and interests
- Ability to influence and communicate with faculty, staff, outside departments and external constituents across all programs and the larger Wake Forest University community
- Ability to develop, recommend and implement short-and long-term strategic plans and goals to enhance the student experience, program effectiveness and efficiencies
- Experience facilitating panels, leading workshops, and/or teaching career related courses, both in-person and on virtual platforms
- Experience successfully coordinating projects, developing programs, and implementing academic initiatives to augment program operating policies/procedures and enhance student experience
- Proven experience effectively revising and providing feedback on resume, cover letters, and other professional communication tools
- Training and experience administering, and interpreting career assessment inventories preferred, including but not limited to the MBTI, Career Leader, and StrengthsFinder
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite applications
- High degree of maturity and professional ethics
- Strong leadership, management, and planning skills
- Strong work ethic, high standards, and accountability
- Effective at multitasking and time/resource management