Landscape Technician, Department of Facilities and Campus Services
Job location: Winston Salem, NC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-03-30
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
of the grounds, drives, walks, and parking areas of the Reynolda campus and certain designated off-
campus properties.Job Description
● Keeps campus grounds, walks, and drives clean by removing trash, garbage, and other debris.
● Seeds, fertilizes, plants, waters, weeds, trims, and grooms the lawns, shrubbery, and trees.
● Operates and handles various types of grounds maintenance equipment (i.e. power mowers, edgers, and
● Operates light or medium weight trucks to pick up and deliver materials and supplies; operates light or
medium weight tractors and attachments used to maintain grounds, as required.
● Loads and unloads furniture and other materials; transports to designated locations utilizing various
● Assists in the preparation of fields for special events.
● Performs a variety of semi-skilled manual duties requiring a basic understanding and knowledge of
techniques, tools, equipment, and safety precautions.
● Inspects equipment and vehicles daily to ensure safe and proper working order; ensures proper preventative
maintenance measures are being implemented.
● Works in an efficient productive manner; reports all matters of safety to the appropriate Landscape
Foreperson and the Safety Director, if necessary.
● Experience working and communicating with those who are subtly or obviously different than self.
Is considered an essential employee as designated in the Facilities Management Severe Weather Policy.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- High school diploma or GED with three years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to meet requirements of the University’s automobile insurance.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of techniques, tools, equipment, and safety precautions.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures in English.
- Ability to follow all University and departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving of instructions, can get along with colleagues or peers without exhibiting behavioral extremes, and respond appropriately to critiques (good and bad) from a manager foreperson.
- Physical Requirements: medium work, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Climbing, Balancing, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Crawling, Reaching, Pushing, Pulling, Lifting, Fingering, Grasping, and Repetitive Motions. Possess visual acuity to operate motor vehicles, heavy equipment, and machinery and to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of work assigned. Activities occur both inside and outside, subject to both environmental conditions. Subject to noise, vibrations, hazards, atmospheric conditions, and oils.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Knowledge of grounds maintenance and turf equipment operations.
Responsible for own work only.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Wake Forest University is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in employment for individuals with disabilities.Additional Job DescriptionTime Type RequirementFull timeNote to Applicant:This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.