Academic HR Analyst 5 (0593U) - 16844
Academic HR Analyst 5 (0593U) - 16844 About Berkeley
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
We work closely with the https://www.google.com/url?q=http://vpf.berkeley.edu/&source=gmail&ust=1617134745446000&usg=AFQjCNG8Cpe3XShK_MBmQBUQ2_LcnmjXxg" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2205717&targetURL=http://vpf.berkeley.edu/" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">Vice Provost for the Faculty to maintain high standards and fair processes in academic appointments, promotions, and merit increases. We help academic appointees, faculty, chairs, and deans to stay up-to-date about the University's policies and practices so that we can sustain a broadly shared understanding across our campus.
We support the https://www.google.com/url?q=http://ofew.berkeley.edu/&source=gmail&ust=1617134745446000&usg=AFQjCNE-2TfxKDDJwxU-k7tUNRxks5VuBQ" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2205717&targetURL=http://ofew.berkeley.edu/" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">Office of Faculty Equity and Welfare in their academic recruitment efforts by classifying non-senate appointments into the appropriate title series and approving appointments at non-delegated levels.
We administer https://www.google.com/url?q=https://auth.berkeley.edu/cas/login?service%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fapbears.berkeley.edu%252Fauth%252Fcas%252Fcallback%253Furl&source=gmail&ust=1617134745446000&usg=AFQjCNFhpVABCyPzBRvYK5gu3WuvxSN7EA" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2205717&targetURL=https://auth.berkeley.edu/cas/login?service=https%3A%2F%2Fapbears.berkeley.edu%2Fauth%2Fcas%2Fcallback%3Furl" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">APBears, the Academic Personnel at Berkeley Electronic Achievements and Review System, for the campus and also collect and analyze data to assess the effectiveness of our current academic personnel practices and to identify areas in which the campus may improve.
We manage https://www.google.com/url?q=https://apo.berkeley.edu/quick-links/outside-activity-tracking-system-oats&source=gmail&ust=1617134745446000&usg=AFQjCNFTIirxXMVXJHeDEpmxE-BsWbL6pQ" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2205717&targetURL=https://apo.berkeley.edu/quick-links/outside-activity-tracking-system-oats" target="_blank">OATS (Outside Activities Tracking System) for the Berkeley campus.
We also manage a CalNet authenticated site, BMAP, Berkeley Manual of Academic Personnel, that focuses on policies, processes, and practices concerning ladder-rank faculty.
- Regularly guides campus executives on academic strategic planning, employee and labor relations, and policies, procedures, practices, and programs affecting the entire campus.
- Regularly leads and conducts complex, high-level analyses of issues or concepts with broad campus impact, and develops resulting recommendations employing political acumen and integrating information to determine appropriate courses of action and their implications, often where no precedent exists.
- Employing the most advanced knowledge of system-wide and campus policies, procedures, practices, and precedents, provides strategic guidance to all levels of the campus in areas including, but not limited to, academic recruitment, appointment, and advancement; compensation and salary administration; employee relations; faculty misconduct; and faculty equity.
- Provides direction, guidance, and formal classroom training to other academic HR generalists and specialists, interacting effectively and collaboratively with diverse clients at all levels of the campus.
- Serves as campus liaison with Office of the President, other UC campuses, and Academic Senate committees.
- Develops programs and guidelines for campus administration of new and revised policies, collective bargaining agreements, and new initiatives in academic advancement and welfare.
- Expert knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply system-wide and campus policies and procedures that govern academic HR.
- Thorough and broad knowledge of campus and college goals, priorities, and values, and the legal and human implications of decisions.
- Sensitivity to the diverse perspectives and political circumstances within all levels of the campus, as well as Office of the President and various external institutions and agencies.
- Creativity and flexibility in approaching unique problems, as well as an understanding of the wider campus and university context in which these problems must be addressed.
- Ability to analyze highly sensitive and complex management issues; develop project scope and solutions; provide professional advice to campus executives and other senior officials; make critical decisions and effective recommendations.
- Demonstrated leadership, initiative, tact, and planning skills.
- Ability to communicate complex information effectively and persuasively, both verbally and in writing, with diverse audiences throughout the campus community.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
Salary & Benefits
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. Annual salary is commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
The minimum posting duration of this position is 14 calendar days. The department will not initiate the application review process prior to April 13, 2021.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=16844&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency