Job ID: 225548
Location: Columbus State University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Columbus State University has an opening for a Programmer III position in the Department of University Information and Technology Services (UITS). The Programmer III will maintain existing software applications as well as design, develop, maintain, deploy, and troubleshoot software, database(s), and web applications to meet end-user needs. This position will be versatile in many programming languages and technologies and possess strong analytic capabilities to create innovative solutions. The selected candidate must have the ability to prioritize customer needs and projects, communicate effectively, and have a consistent track record of excellent software engineering skills. The Programmer III will also maintain up-to-date job knowledge, study state-of-the-art development of the various tools and current programming techniques to ensure information security and efficient use of resources to meet the University's strategic goals and initiatives. The position reports to the Manager of Enterprise Software.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reviews and guides software development in line with the university's strategic goals and initiatives.
- Creates, builds, and maintains software solutions using a variety of modern technologies.
- Contributes to the design, architecture, and final implementation of software applications to be used by the university.
- Participates in code reviews with staff as necessary to ensure a high quality performing applications.
- Contribute to all aspects of the software creation process: Software architecture and design, development, testing, deployment, maintenance, post-deployment production support, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Extensive experience in analyzing code for problem resolution, and performance optimization.
- Meet with end-users to determine needs, requirements, expectations, timelines, correctness, and consistency among applications, reports, databases, etc.
- Self-starter, responsible for staying up to date with new and emerging technologies in enterprise software and software development.
- Represent U.I.T.S. department and university in professional meetings and conferences.
- Provide recommendations and proposals to the Manager of Enterprise Software regarding new projects, and operational efficiency.
- Document solutions with appropriate documentation, diagrams, and outlines.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
In lieu of experience above, we will accept a relative or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The salary range for this position is $48,723 - $54,814 annually and includes full benefits.
Required Documents to Attach
For fullest consideration, please submit your application immediately. Columbus State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, Committed to Diversity in Hiring.
Required Documents to Submit with Online Application:
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
All applications and required documents must be submitted using the Columbus State University's online employment site.
If you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Office at 706-507-8920 or e-mail to [email protected].
Conditions of Employment
A successful criminal background check will be required as a condition of employment.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=30000&JobOpeningId=225548&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency