Biology Supplies Coordinator
Biology Supplies Coordinator
Job No: 496701
Position Type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Academic Affairs, Other
The Biology Supplies Coordinator is responsible for ordering supplies used in research, teaching and other departmental activities; overseeing maintenance of laboratory equipment; monitoring and documenting budget expenditures; maintaining chemical inventories and coordinating disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Purchase supplies in support of the teaching and research needs of Biology faculty and staff; will include errands to local vendors.
Maintain inventory in departmental stockroom and ancillary facilities and assist students, faculty and staff in obtaining necessary materials.
- Coordinate Biology Department expenditures (tracking expenses, processing purchase orders, departmental accounting, budget reconciliation) and coordinate with department chair on all budgetary needs.
- Ensure accuracy and compliance with approved budgets in coordination with the Department Academic Assistant.
Working closely with the Bucknell Environmental Health & Safety Office, coordinate the purchase of radioactive materials and their subsequent disposal along with other hazardous wastes; maintain chemical inventories and Safety Data Sheets; serve on the Lab Safety and Radiation Safety Committees.
- Working with the Animal Care Facility, coordinate purchase and receipt of animals, food and housing supplies.
- Oversee the routine maintenance and emergency repair of departmental equipment (coordinating service contracts, internal repairs, outside vendors).
- Coordinate departmental catering needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Employ exceptional customer service skills including tact, professionalism, teamwork and friendliness.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities using current processes, applications and technology.
- High school diploma
- Valid driver's license
- Proficiency with office-related computer software (Word, Excel, Google Docs, email)
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to positively interact with a wide range of individuals including students, staff, faculty, and vendors
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusiveness
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to adapt to the ever-changing needs of an educational environment (new technologies, policies, personnel, procedures, etc.) including the willingness to develop and apply new skills
- Bachelor's degree in science field (Biology, Chemistry or related discipline)
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25lbs.
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/496701/biology-supplies-coordinator
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency